The Hallmark Channel recently released the dates for the start of their Christmas in July holiday movies. One of my favorite things during the holidays is watching the Hallmark Christmas movies and this July, I plan to get an early start by watching some of the Hallmark Christmas in July movies. So in honor, I am celebrating Christmas in July with Lots of Cheer. The Lots of Cheer is a new holiday stamp set released in the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog (page 69). What better way to forget the warm, muggy weather than to watch Christmas movies on Hallmark in July! Plus, you can get a head start on your holiday cards and ease the last minute rush in December.
- Create card base using Whisper White Thick cardstock ( 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, score & fold at 4-1/4″). Add a layer of 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Real Red Designer Series Paper (from the 6″ x 6″ Regals Designer Series Paper pack).
- Stamp the stack of presents onto a 3-1/2″ x 3″ piece of Whisper White cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Cut the shape using the 3rd largest Stitched Nested Labels die.
- Color the stamped image with Stampin’ Blends. The light Balmy Blue stampin’ blend adds a hint of color along the outline edges of the presents. Additional Stampin’ Blends colors on the project includes Call Me Clover (light & dark), Daffodil Delight (light & dark), Real Red (light & dark), Smoky Slate (light & dark) and Pumpkin Pie (dark). If desired, use the Color Lifter to lighten the center area of the hat.
- Use the 2nd largest Stitched Nested Labels die to cut the Call Me Clover cardstock. Layer the image piece on top and adhere with snail adhesive.
- With Call Me Clover Classic Stamp pad, stamp the sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings onto a small scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Cut using the Classic Label Punch. If desired, use the punch to cut one end to create a “v” pennant tail as seen in the card photo.
- Attach sentiment label to the back of the Call Me Clover layer. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach to the card base.
- Tie a double bow using 2 strands of Whisper White Baker’s Twine. Attach to card with mini-glue dot. Complete embellishing by placing a red rhinestone on the knot of the bow.
Don’t delay, order the Lots of Cheer stamp set and check the Hallmark Channel for Christmas in July showtimes so you can get in the holiday spirit with me! Throughout July, I’ll be adding a few more Christmas projects so make sure you’re registered to receive my posts.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
Project Materials (click on photo to order)
The Host Code for July is: 9HRS3HHQ. Please use Host Code only if your order is less under $150.