Each month, the two Playtime with Paper team members with top sales receive a special thank you gift from me. Most recently, the top two team members received team gifts of 2019-2021 In Color Faceted Dots and a yard of each of the 1/2′ Scalloped Linen Ribbons in the five new In Colors. Instead of a card, a tag was created to add to the cellophane bag holding the goodies. So, I decided to use the Wiggle Worm stamp set and coordinating Wiggly Worm dies for the tag. Did you know, you can save 10% when purchasing the Wiggle Worm Bundle? Just look, how stinkin’ cute are those bugs?! In addition to the cute bugs, the sayings in the stamp set are appropriate for lots of occasions.
- For creating tag base, layer a 2″ x 4″ piece of Garden Lane Designer Series Paper onto a 2″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. To adhere the two layers, use multipurpose glue. For the tag top, use the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. Finally, round the corners on bottom of tag with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Use the Stitched Nested Labels dies to cut a piece of watercolor paper. Using an aqua painter and Balmy Blue ink, color a sky background onto the watercolor paper. Let dry.
- Select desired bug stamps and stamp onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Color with Stampin’ Blends markers. Use the coordinating color of Classic Stampin’ Pad to stamp the bug lines. In my samples, Mango Melody Light and Dark Blends color the beetle. To stamp the lines on the beetle’s body, use the Mango Melody Classic Ink Pad. For the dragonfly, Daffodil Delight Light Stampin’ Blend colors the body with the wing decor stamped with the Daffodil Delight Classic Ink Pad.
- After coloring, use the coordinating bug dies to cut each bug.
- Stamp the grass onto the watercolor paper label using Pear Pizzazz Classic Ink Pad and the sentiment using the Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad.
- To attach both the watercolor label and the bugs, use Stampin’ Dimensionals .
- For an extra touch, cut 2 sets of leaves using the Leaf Punch. Select color that coordinates with the Designer Series Paper. For a crumpled appearance, lightly spray water onto the leaves using a Stampin’ Spritzer. While cardstock is damp, pinch leaves between fingers. Allow to dry and then attach to tag under the label as shown in photos of gifts. For a bit of bling, add 3 rhinestones clustered together to form a flower on the base of the top leaves. Use the 3/16″ Linen Braided to tie the tag to the cellophane bag.
The bugs were loads of fun to make! Thus, I stamped and cut more bugs to have ready for other projects. Just stamp, color and cut to have extras available to use.
Would you like to be a member of my Playtime with Paper team?
Even better, would you like to save on your paper craft supplies? Do you like to receive team gifts? Beginning July 1 and thru August 31, Stampin’ Up! is offering new demonstrators a “little extra” with their starter kit. Plus, you’ll receive a special welcome gift from me for joining the Playtime with Paper team. Contact me via email at: creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com for details.
Thanks for stopping by!