Since Mother’s Day is this weekend, I am sharing the Beautiful Promenade Mother’s Day Card from the latest card class. For months, I have been wanting to make a recessed panel diagonal card. With a recessed panel card, the designer series paper for the panel becomes a focal point. The beautiful Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper (DSP) and it’s photo quality is perfect. The coordinating Beautiful Promenade Bundle offered the necessary pieces to highlight the sentiment and the DSP panel. The April 2018 Paper Pumpkin Kit contained the Happy Mother’s Day sentiment. However, there are several stamp sets in the current catalogs that offer the sentiment. Or you can stamp your desired sentiment.
Also, don’t forget to embellish the envelope. On the front, stamp the flower used on the the card on one of the lower corners. And for a special added touch, cut an envelope liner using the Beautiful Layers envelope die.
Project materials are listed at the end of this post.
When cutting the diagonal on the Whisper White cardstock panel, I did not measure. I first made a diagonal cut to create the top. Then on the bottom portion of the piece cut another diagonal. The diagonal edges that line the Pretty Promenade DSP, are edged with strips of Blushing Bride cardstock.
- Create card base using Thick Whisper White (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ score at 4-1/4″ and fold on score line).
- For the diagonal piece, a Whisper White cardstock layer is 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (same size as card front).
- A 3″ x 6″ piece of Pretty Promenade DSP is placed diagonally across card base before adding the Whisper White diagonally cut panels. Determine layout of the pieces on the card base before using adhesive to permanently attach. Trim the excess DSP after adhering to card base.
- On scraps of Whisper White, stamp the flower from the Beautiful Promenade stamp set using Blushing Bride Classic Ink Pad. Cut using coordinating die. Apply Clear Wink of Stella to flower.
- Stamp desired sentiment using Mossy Meadow Classic Ink Pad onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Use 1-3/4″ circle punch to cut. Layer onto a 2″ circle of Blushing Bride cardstock. Embellish with Petal Pink Rhinestone Gem.
- Stamp leaves on Mossy Meadow cardstock and Whisper White cardstock using Mossy Meadow Classic Ink Pad. Cut using coordinating dies. Also cut vellum leaves. Layer leaves behind the flower using mini glue dots to attach.
To all the mom’s – Have a Happy Mother’s Day!
Project Materials: (click to order)