Another of the cards in the monthly class uses the Beauty Abounds bundle to create a beautiful butterfly card. The Butterfly Beauty thinlits dies are full of versatility. It can be used to showcase all the butterflies cut as in the card below or you can use your paper snips to cut various sections. Along with the smaller butterfly dies that coordinate with the Beauty Abounds stamp set, there are endless options for creating gorgeous cards featuring butterflies.
To create the card base for the Beauty Abounds card:
- Score Lovely Lipstick (8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″) at 4-1/4″ and fold to create card.
- Use Subtle Dynamic Textured Impression Folder on a 5-1/2″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Attach with adhesive to the front of the Lovely Lipstick card base.
The steps for coloring and assembling the butterfly:
- On a 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Shimmery White cardstock, use Brilliant Red and Gamboge Brusho to create a multi-color background. To use brusho, sprinkle onto paper and spritz with water to obtain the look you would like. Set aside to dry for a few minutes. Once dry, attach a piece of Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet to the back of the cardstock and use the Butterfly Beauty Thinlits Die with the majority of the wings to cut the butterfly.
- Attach a piece of Multipurpose Adhesive sheet to the back of a 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Flirty Flamingo. Next, use the top layer of the Butterfly Beauty Thinlits Die to cut the body and wing edge piece. Working on a each butterfly section one at a time, remove the backing of the adhesive sheet and overlay it to the section the wing piece. Continue removing the backing from the adhesive sheet and attaching the Flirty Flamingo cardstock butterfly piece to the wing piece.
- Determine placement of the butterflies on card front. Once determined, remove the multipurpose adhesive sheet backing and adhere to the card. To ensure it adheres, press down firmly on each of the butterfly wing sections.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock using Lovely Lipstick ink. Punch using the 1-1/4″ circle punch.
- Using a scrap of the Flirty Flamingo with the adhesive sheet attached, use the thinlits to cut three small butterflies. Attach to the sentiment piece.
- Cut approximately 8″ of Lovely Lipstick 1/2″ ribbon (from the All My Love Ribbon Combo Pack) and create a zigzag fold. Use adhesive to attach to front of the card.
- With dimensionals attach sentiment atop the ribbon to complete the card front.
Thanks for stopping by and happy creating!
Download the Annual Catalog
Download the Occasions Catalog and see all the new products
Visit the Clearance Rack for unadvertised specials
Sign up for my newsletter
10% Off Coordinating Product Bundles
You can order the supplies online to make this card by clicking on the items below. Shopping is open 24 hours!