This week marks our wedding anniversary and when I saw The Meant to Be Bundle in the Occasions Catalog, I knew it would be the perfect to use for creating a special card for my husband. The sentiments and Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies offer countless combinations for making a variety of cards expressing loving feelings. A color palette of Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake and Whisper White gives the card a more masculine appearance. Notice the background and the white heart? Texture on both comes from the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF). For a couple of months, this embossing folder sat idle in my craft room. Now I can’t seem to use it enough! The embossing folder gives the card that “little extra” touch.
Of course, the card interior and the envelope need a special touch to coordinate with the card.
Card Exterior Directions:
- To create base, cut Crumb Cake cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score in center at 4-1/4″ and fold.
- Continue building card layers. Adhere a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Balmy Blue to the card base.
- Cut Whisper White cardstock 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″. Emboss with the Subtle Dynamic TIEF. Use strong adhesive to attach to the Balmy Blue card layer.
- Select heart dies from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies. Cut large heart from a 3″ x 3-1/4″ piece Crumb Cake cardstock. The floral open heart is cut from a 2-1/2″ square of Balmy Blue cardstock.
- Use a 2-1/4″ square of Whisper White cardstock to cut the stitched heart. After cutting, texture emboss with the Subtle Dynamic TIEF.
- For the small hearts, use a 1-1/2″ x 4″ strip of Balmy Blue cardstock and the multiple hearts die.
- Use a strong adhesive to attach the 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon to the card.
- Stamp “Happy Anniversary” (from Beautiful Bouquet Stamp Set) using Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad onto a 1/2″ x 3″ strip of Whisper White cardstock. Cut a V-notch at the end of the strip and layer on top of the burlap ribbon. Add a small blue heart near the notched end.
- Complete card front by layering the cut valentines. Attach using Stampin’ Dimensionals and mini-glue dots.
- Finish embellishment on card front by adding a triple layer Linen Thread bow.
Card Interior and Envelope Embellishment:
- Stamp the floral heart from the Meant to Be Cling Stamp Set using Balmy Blue Classic Stampin Pad onto 5-1/4″ x 4″ Whisper White cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment inside of the heart using Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad. Attach to card interior using Snail adhesive.
- Use multipurpose liquid glue to attach a 2-1/2″ x 6″ piece of Crumb Cake DSP to the flap of a Whisper White Medium Envelope. Allow glue to dry. Then using paper snips, trim around the flap edge. Place a small heart in Balmy Blue cardstock to the flap. The Crumb Cake DSP is from the Neutrals 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper pack.
Lots of love went into creating this special card and my husband loved the card! Hope I have provided you with the inspiration you need to create a card for that “special” someone in your life. You’ll find a list of the project materials at the end of this post.
Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to subscribe to receive an email of my posts. Look for them each Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Download the Annual Catalog
Download the Occasions Catalog and see all the new products
Visit the Clearance Rack for unadvertised specials
Sign up for my newsletter
10% Off Coordinating Product Bundles