This week’s CASE the Catalog features the Signs of Santa stamp set and the Santa’s Signpost Framelits Dies. The card is on page 18 in the Holiday Catalog. Though we are still having summer temperatures here in Georgia and the calendar says it’s Fall, I am busy prepping for the upcoming holidays including Christmas. Yes, I know it’s not even Halloween yet but I promise additional Halloween projects will be posted soon. Now on to today’s feature card…the base uses the 4″ x 6″ large note card from the Santa’s Workshop Memories & More Cards & Envelopes as shown on page 21 in the Holiday Catalog. Not only is it nice to have a large card but the cut and scored cards are a great time saver. Check out Santa – he’s cut from the Santa’s Workshop Designer Series Paper (DSP) using the coordinating Santa’s Signpost framelit. Card making just got easier!
- Signs of Santa stamp set and Santa’s Signpost Framelits
- Santa’s Workshop Memories & More Cards & Envelopes
- Santa’s Workshop Designer Series Paper (red dotted DSP 4-3/4″ x 3″, green & white DSP 3″ x 1-1/2″)
- Whisper White Card Stock (2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″)
- Garden Green Classic Stampin’ Pad and Poppy Parade Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Stitched Shape Dies
- Poppy Parade Textured Ribbon (approx. 8″)
- Snail Adhesive and Stampin’ Dimensionals
CASE the Catalog Steps:
- Use the Santa die from Santa’s Signpost Framelits to cut Santa from the Santa’s Workshop DSP. (or on Shimmery White CS stamp Santa with black Stazon Ink and use Aqua painter to color Santa using Real Red, Balmy Blue and Mango Melody inks.)
- Use the large square Stitched Shape Die to cut the Whisper White CS. Stamp the sentiment in the upper right corner using Garden Green ink and attach Santa using Stampin’ dimensionals.
- To cut the tail in the red polka dot DSP, on the reverse side of the paper use a pencil to lightly draw a line 3/4″ long at the center of the 3″ side. Use scissors to cut from each edge to the center point. This will create a perfect inverted “v” tail. Attach to the card front using snail adhesive.
- Use snail adhesive to add the green DSP layer.
- Fold the Poppy Parade Texture Ribbon keeping the bottom portion approximately 1″ longer than the top. Adhere in the center of the green DSP layer.
- Use dimensionals to attach the Whisper White layer over the layers to complete the card front.
- To finish card interior, use Garden Green ink and the “and more!” stamp to complete the phrase.
- The envelope flap was stamped using Poppy Parade ink to stamp the North Pole seal.