Box Making with Favored Flowers
Earlier this week, the Playtime with Paper team had our quarterly Stampin’ Up! meeting. The meetings are lots of fun and include learning new techniques or projects. Box making using the Favored Flowers Designer Series Paper was one of the technique projects from this week’s meeting. The Favored Flowers Designer Series Paper is a Sale-a-Bration brochure product and can be selected for FREE with a $50 Stampin’ Up! purchase. The designer series paper is gorgeous and coordinates with the Fragrant Flowers Bundle in the Jan-Apr Mini Catalog. Even better, some of the Fragrant Flowers Dies coordinate with the paper so no fussy cutting!
If you want to save on your paper crafting products and become a member of my Playtime with Paper team, now is a great time to join Stampin’ Up! Contact me for more details on becoming an independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrator. Or check out the Sale-a-bration promotion video below for information on the exclusive deals being offered through February 28th. I would love to have you join my Playtime with Paper team!
Box and Embellishment Project Materials:
- Basic Black Cardstock (discontinued): 12″ x 12″; cut a sliver of cardstock (approx. 1/16″) from two adjoining sides of the cardstock. Next score at 2-1/2″ on all sides. NOTE: Since the Basic Black Cardstock is no longer available in a 12″ x 12″ size, I recommend substituting with colors from the 2021-2023 In Color 12″ x 12″ pack (either the Fresh Freesia or Evening Evergreen) or Regals 12″ x 12″ Cardstock (Old Olive).
- Favored Flowers Designer Series Paper: 10-1/2″ x 10-1/2″; score at 1-3/4″ on all sides
- Strong Adhesive – Tear & Tape, Seal + or Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Paper Trimmer
- Favored Flowers Designer Series Paper
- Fragrant Flowers Dies
- Basic Black Cardstock or Cardstock that coordinates with box base:
- Basic White Cardstock: 4-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Scalloped Contours Dies (use the 2 largest rectangles)
- Ringed With Nature Stamp Set
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
- Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Mini Glue Dots
If you are interested in creating custom square and rectangle boxes, I recommend the following video from the Stampin’ Up! Training Team: https://youtu.be/_zi95NGr850 (Fast forward through the first two minutes to get to the box instructions.) After watching the steps for making a box, two formulas for calculating cardstock/designer series paper and box sizes are provided.
Now for a few Reminders…
It’s Sale-a-Bration Time!
The biggest Stampin’ Up! promotion of the year, Sale-A-Bration has begun and is ongoing through February 28, 2023. During this period, you are able to enjoy all the benefits of Sale-a-Bration. Check out the videos below to see the benefits available:
You’ll want to take advantage of all these wonderful offers!
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program:
Thank you for shopping with me. Be sure to track your orders on my Customer Loyalty form.
Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Just a reminder: for orders over $150 you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Again, thank you for placing your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by. Happy Crafting!