Woohoo! On Wednesday, September 4th, you can order from the Stampin’ Up! 2019 Holiday Catalog! So, today I’m sharing a card made with products from my demonstrator preorder. I had lots of fun creating with #Eflie (item #150509). Last weekend, I participated in a Holiday Shoe Box Swap and selected #Elfie to use for my swap. The elves in the set are full of whimsy. If you like to color, you’ll enjoy using your favorite coloring method for the images. Believe me when I say, you’ll have fun creating with #Elfie! For my swap, watercolor pencils and a blender pen were the coloring tools. The images coordinate perfectly with other new products in the Holiday Catalog. Additional products include the Let It Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper, the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint, the Shimmery Crystal Effects and Ice Stampin’ Glitter. Plus, see the presents around the frame? They can be found in the Most Wonderful Time Product Medley (this is a fantastic product offering!).
- Create a card base using an 11″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Pool Party cardstock. Score and fold at 5-1/2″ to create a top fold card. Next, cut a piece of the Let It Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) to cover the card front (5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″). TIP: if the DSP you select has a directional pattern, double check it’s position before cutting. Attach the DSP to the card front.
- Use the Stitched Rectangle Dies to cut a Pool Party cardstock frame.
- Stamp the elf using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto a 4-5/8″ x 3-1/2″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Color with the following watercolor pencils: Garden Green , Cherry Cobbler Red, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso (hair) and Flirty Flamingo (for the face). Use the blender pens to smooth the watercolor pencil colors. TIP: For the face, I touched the end of the blender pen to the Flirty Flamingo to pick up a small amount of color instead of directly coloring the face with the watercolor pencil. This ensured that just a small amount of color was added.
- With the tip of a blender pen, pick up Golden Glitz Delicata Metallic Ink to color the ball on the striped pole and the bell on the elf hat.
- To create a “fur look” on the brim of the elf hat, add a small amount of the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint and watch it “puff” when drying with the heat tool.
- Lightly sponge Pool Party Ink around the elf and to stamp the snowflakes from the #Elfie stamp set.
- Add a snowy glimmer to the sign by adding Shimmery Crystal Effects and sprinkling with a small amount of Ice Stampin’ Glitter.
- Attach the frame to the elf panel using Foam Adhesive Strips. Then, attach to the card front using adhesive.
- Stamp two sets of the presents from the Most Wonderful Time Product Medley using Real Red and Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ Pads onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Cut using the coordinating dies.
- The sentiment is stamped onto Whisper White cardstock using the Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and cut using the Classic Label Punch.
- Arrange the presents and sentiment around the frame attaching with mini glue dots and mini stampin’ dimensionals.
The Holiday Shoe Box Swap was a fun event! It allowed demonstrators to share project ideas using products from the 2019 Holiday Catalog. So, I’ll be sharing the projects with you soon.
Be sure to complete your shopping list from the Holiday Catalog and include the products shown in today’s post. When ready, you can place your order here starting on September 4th. I appreciate your support and for every $50 order (before shipping & taxes), you’ll receive a Thank You gift of the Shimmery Crystal Effects from me .
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your Labor Day!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for September is: J96YXBD3. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!