In this month’s class, one of the projects created is a Tulip Gift Bag and coordinating tag. I love it when there is a designer series paper that coordinates with a stamp set and either dies or as with the Timeless Tulips Bundle, a punch. The bag uses the Pleased As Punch Designer Series Paper, which is from of the Coordination Product Release. The paper is wonderful as it coordinates with multiple stamp bundles. Naturally, the small gift bag needs a coordinating tag. The Timeless Tulips stamp set and the tag die from the Bonanza Dies combine to create a perfect gift tag. Details for creating both are below the project’s photo.
Creating the Tulip Gift Bag:
- From the Pleased As Punch Designer Series Paper, cut the tulip paper 6″ x 8″. Be sure to pay attention to the direction of the tulips.
- On the 8″ side score at 2-1/2″, 3-3/4″, 6-1/4″ and 7-1/2″. Rotate 90° (make sure that the tulips are facing toward the right) and score at 1-1/4″.
- Fold along score lines and trim along score lines up to the 1-1/4″ score line. Cut and remove the 1/2″ tab. See the photo below – dotted lines are score lines:
- Add Tear & Tape Adhesive to the 1/2″ tab, fold over to close the side creating the bag.
- Fold in bottom flaps and seal. Be sure the small flaps are folded in first and then overlap with the larger flaps.
- Pinch together and use a Mini Library Clip to seal.
For the coordinating tag:
- With the tag die from the Bonanza Dies to cut a 2-1/2″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Using the Timeless Tulips Stamp Set, stamp two small tulips with Calypso Coral Classic Stampin’ Pad at the top of the tag. (refer to project photo above for placement) Stamp the large tulip with the same color onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Cut with the coordinating Tulip Builder Punch.
- Stamp three stems using Granny Apple Green Classic Stampin’ Pad.
- Add the large tulip onto the tag using Stampin’ Dimensionals, slightly overlap the smaller tulips.
- Use the Tulip Builder Punch to cut a leaf from a scrap of the reverse side (green pattern) of the Pleased As Punch designer series paper. Adhere to tag under the large tulip with a mini glue dot.
- Stamp the sentiment with the Calypso Coral onto a 3″ x 1-1/4″ piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock. Cut using the shape using the Ornate Frames Dies. Attach to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie a knot bow using 6″ of Granny Apple Green Textured Weave Ribbon. Complete the tag attaching the bow below the large tulip using a mini glue dot.
What did we put in the gift bag? A wrapped Rice Krispies Treat Bar! It fit perfectly. Be sure to comment below and let me know what you plan to place in your gift bag.
A full list of the project materials is at the bottom of this post. Remember the Coordination Product Release products are only available through the end of this month. So you’ll want to order the Pleased As Punch Designer Series Paper soon! It’s also while supplies last.
Sale-a-bration continues until March 31, 2020. With qualifying purchases of $50 or more (before shipping & taxes), you can order FREE product. Check out the Sale-a-Bration brochure under the Catalog link. Note: the Metallic Baker’s Twine and Sequins Combo Pack (Item #152314), the Kerchief Card Kit and the Golden Honey Specialty Designer Paper (Item #152311) have sold out. New items have been added so be sure to take advantage of ordering the FREE items before the end of this month. As a reminder, Sale-a-Bration brochure product quantities are limited and may run out before the end of the promotion.
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for March is F99S6GD4. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the space for the Host Code. Thank you for your order.