Today’s project is a feature card from this month’s class. It is a Tropical Birthday card featuring the Timeless Tropical Bundle and other elements from the Tropical Oasis Suite. Initially, this suite was not on the top of my purchase list but after seeing a few cards online, I made the purchase. WOW, am I glad that I did. The flowers in the stamp set are beautiful when stamped and colored. Of course, the coordinating dies eliminate the need to fussy cut. And, the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder adds wonderful texture to cardstock for layering. I have had lots of fun creating with this set so more tropical theme projects will be making an appearance.
Below are the Tropical Birthday Card Details:
- Create a card base using Real Red cardstock. Cut 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″ and fold.
- Add a layer of 5-1/4″ x 4″ Crumb Cake cardstock that has been texture embossed using the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder.
- Using Real Red Classic Stampin’ Pad, stamp the hibiscus flower in the Timeless Tropical stamp set onto a 2-3/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Color the flower using the Light and Dark Petal Pink Blends. For additional color depth, use the Light Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blend. Use the Dark Mango Melody Stampin’ Blend to color the flower’s stamen and then use Wink of Stella to highlight the stamen. Cut the flower using the coordinating die from the In The Tropics Dies.
- Stamp 3 leaves using Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad onto a scrap of Old Olive cardstock. Cut the leaves using the coordinating die.
- Stamp the birthday sentiment and cut using the Timeless Label Punch.
- Refer to card photo for placement of elements. Add leaves to back of the flower with mini glue dots. Before adding to the card, cut a 10″ piece of the Braided Burlap Trim. Separate and pull individual strings of the burlap. Attach loops of the burlap string to the card and with Stampin’ Dimensionals, add the hibiscus flower covering part of the loops.
- With adhesive, attach the sentiment.
- Complete by cutting approximately 1-inch of the Braided Burlap Trim, add a Tropical Oasis Trinket to the burlap trim and attach to the side of the sentiment.
Be sure to check out all of the products in the Tropical Oasis Suite. I have another completed project using additional elements from the Tropical Oasis Suite that I’ll be sharing next week.
Just a reminder…
Sale-a-bration continues until March 31, 2020. With qualifying purchases of $50 or more (before shipping & taxes), you can order FREE product. Check out the Sale-a-Bration brochure under the Catalog link.
Thanks for stopping by! Check back again soon for another project idea.
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for February is ATS2GYY2. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!