Remember Animal Crackers? As a young child, it was always a treat to receive a box of the animal shaped cookies. On a recent trip to the grocery, I spied the Animal Crackers on the cookie aisle and childhood memories returned. Therefore, two boxes were quickly added to my shopping cart – one for each grandchild. Like any gift, a tag is necessary! Therefore, the Animal Crackers Gift Tags were created. Just look at the box front – there ‘s a gorilla and a giraffe! Using the box design as my inspiration, I knew the Hey Love stamp set from the Occasions catalog and the Animal Outing stamp set in the Annual Catalog would be perfect to use for creating the gift tags.
Both my grandson and granddaughter enjoyed their box of Animal Crackers. Did they really notice the gift tag? Probably not but since the tags were quick to make, I was not offended. But it sure was fun “dressing up” the Animal Crackers boxes! Details for creating the tags is below.
- Hey Love Cling Stamp Set
- Animal Outing Stamp Set
- Whisper White cardstock (great use of scraps – one piece 3″ x 3″ for giraffe, one piece 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ for gorilla, one 1-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ for tag)
- Daffodil Delight cardstock (2 – 3″ x 3″ pieces)
- Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper (2-3/4′ x 2-3/4″) or select a favorite Designer Series Paper to layer behind Gorilla circle
- Jet Black Stazon Ink
- Watercolor Pencils
- Blender Pen
- Stampin’ Blends (Daffodil Delight & Crumb Cake)
- Stitched Shapes Framelits
- 2-1/4″ circle punch
- Layering Circles Framelits
- Snail Adhesive
- 1/8″ Handheld Circle Punch
- Basic Black Baker’s Twine
- 1/4″ Daffodil Delight Double-Stitched Ribbon
- Daffodil Delight Organdy Ribbon (Sale-a-Bration item)
- Snail Adhesive and mini-stampin’ dimensionals
- On Whisper White cardstock squares, use the Jet Black Stazon Ink to stamp the gorilla and sentiment tag. On the larger square, stamp the giraffe off to the side leaving room to stamp the sentiment .
- Color the gorilla using the watercolor pencils and blender pen.
- Use the Stampin’ Blends to color the giraffe.
- Cut both pieces of the Daffodil Delight cardstock with the large Stitched Shapes Circle Framelit. This becomes the base layer.
- The “I’m Ape Over You” sentiment is cut with the small Stitched Shapes Circle Framelit.
- With the 2-1/4″ punch, punch the gorilla circle.
- Cut the giraffe and the Designer Series Paper with the Layering Circles Framelits.
- Use snail adhesive to attach the giraffe circle to one of the Daffodil Delight cardstock circles.
- Layer each of the pieces for the gorilla tag and attach each layer using snail adhesive. Refer to photo for placement of the sentiment and attach using a mini-dimensional.
- Punch a small hole for the ribbon in top of each tag using the handheld punch. Cut desired length of ribbon and baker’s twine to feed through hole and tie to box handle.
The next time you are in the grocery, cruise down the cookie aisle and slip a couple of boxes of Animal Crackers into your cart! Then have some fun creating tags for the boxes!
- Sale-a-bration ends on March 31…don’t miss out on the great FREE items. Best of all, today Stampin’ Up! has released additional products that you can select.
- And it that isn’t enough, starting today (March 1) Sale-A-Bration Coordination items are available. Be sure to check my online store to see the items available.
- March 10th is the deadline for ordering the Paper Pumpkin Sixth Birthday special kit. It includes a FREE stamp set.
You can order products online via my store or contact me to place your order. I would love to have you as my customer!
Download the Annual Catalog
Download the Occasions Catalog and see all the new products
Visit the Clearance Rack for unadvertised specials
Sign up for my newsletter
10% Off Coordinating Product Bundles