For this week’s CASE the Catalog, I selected the You Made My Day card on Page 36 of the Annual Catalog. The card uses the Best Bunny Bundle which includes the Best Bunny photopolymer stamp set and the coordinating Bunny Builder Punch. This week, I did not alter the card but made it as shown in the catalog. The Best Bunny stamp set is one that can be used for a variety of occasions and as in this case, it’s perfect to send someone letting them know how special they made the day! Details and tips for making the card are below the photo.
Made My Day with these details for recreating the card:
- Thick Whisper White: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″ to create card base.
- Broadway Bound Designer Series Paper (DSP): Dotted DSP 5 1/2′ x 4 1/4″ for base card front;. gold & black strip 3/4″ x 4″
- Gray Granite: 4 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
- Shimmery White: 4″ x 3″
- Scraps of Whisper White for stamping bunny face, sentiment and hat using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
- Scrap of Basic Black. Use the Tailored Tag Punch to cut as shown in photo below:
- Use Bunny Builder Punch and cut the bunny face, color the ears using Light Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends. Color tophat using Dark Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends and fussy cut. Layer the bunny face behind the top hat using a mini glue dot.
- To create the background for the bunny and sentiment, add a light layer of water diagonally across the Shimmery White cardstock and sprinkle with Yellow Brusho. I used an Aqua Painter to blend the Brusho with the water. After the Shimmery White layer has dried, randomly stamp stars using Crushed Curry Ink Pad.
- Using small Stitched Shapes circle framelit, cut the sentiment and layer onto circle of Gold Glimmer Paper cut using the 1 1/2″ circle punch.
- Assemble by attaching dotted DSP layer to Whisper White card base. Next attach and center the Granite Gray Cardstock layer using Snail Adhesive. Add the strip of gold/black stripe DSP and then attach the Shimmery White layer – be sure to offset toward the right of the Gray Granite layer as shown in the photo.
- Add the tag piece and the tophat with bunny.
- Finish the card by using 8″ of Gold Mini Sequin Trim to create a faux bow and using Stampin’ Dimensionals add the sentiment.
Finally, the stamp set has various sentiments that can also be used with another stamp set. I’m smitten with the different face expressions included for creating bunnies with a variety of looks and images. It will be fun to create cards for all types of occasions and really can Make My Day.
I would love to hear from you so don’t forget to add comments!
Be sure to check back tomorrow for the project details on the Country Home Suite from last week’s Facebook Live.
Check out the products in the Color Your Season promotion
Shop the Clearance Rack
Download the Annual Catalog
Sign Up for my Newsletter
Shop my online store anytime
Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!