What a busy but wonderful week! I participated in a two day golf tournament and am feeling a bit delayed. However, I have been able to take a few breaks and create a couple of cards. The card created for “Creation Thursday” uses the Secret Garden Stamp and Framelit set. This has become one of my favorite sets and I’ve enjoyed using it to create a variety of cards. Below is this week’s creation and details on how you can create it.
|Secret Garden: Melon Mambo Embossed|
Secret Garden Framelits
Scoring Tool and Bone Folder
Scotch Brand Removable Tape
- Cut Whisper White CS: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score card at 4 1/4″, fold and score using bone folder to create card of 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″.
- Cut Melon Mambo DSP: 5″ x 3 3/4″. Using SNAIL Adhesive attach to Whisper White card base. Set aside.
- With pieces of Whisper White CS, use VersaMark to stamp 3 medium flowers, 2 small flowers and 2 leaves using the Secret Garden Stamp Set. Apply Melon Mambo to wet VersaMark and heat set using heat tool.
- Use Big Shot and matching dies from Secret Garden Framelit Set to cut flowers and leaves.
- Refer to photo for flowers and leaf placement. Attach leaves using Anywhere Glue Stick, allowing leaves to “fall over” edge of card. Turn card over and with scissors following card edge, trim excess from leaves. Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere the 3 large flowers first and as with leaves, allow one to “fall over” card edge and another to touch edge. Trim excess. Lastly, use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach remaining small flowers, overlapping other flowers to create a bouquet effect.
- To create the label for the Friendly Phrase “you are simply wonderful”, take piece of Whisper White CS and place 2 of the Adorning Accents Edgelits together until the wave section of the framelit touches. This creates an elongated oval shape. Use removal tape to prevent the edgelits from separating and slipping. NOTE: this is easiest done by putting paper onto cutting pad of Big Shot and then placing edgelits. Run through Big Shot to cut shape. After cutting, take scissors and make straight cut to remove the extra edge piece. Refer to photo of card to see the shape.
- Use VersaMark and Melon Mambo to stamps and emboss phrase onto elongated oval.
- Attach to card using SNAIL adhesive and on each elongated side, place a rhinestone basic jewel for a bit of “bling”.
- For an added touch, emboss a flower on the lower edge of the Whisper White Medium envelope. When mailing with jewels, place a scrap piece of folded card stock over the raised area to prevent damage to the card and envelope from postal service machinery…I’ve found this seems to work.
Hang on to your 25-year proof of purchase sticker, and adhere it to your Stampin’ Up!® collectors card,which is included with each stamp. For each 6 sets of the Best Of purchased, you can send in your collectors card for a FREE set of your choice valued up to $14.95. Must be redeemed by April 30, 2014.
To order your set, click here.
This week has also been a busy week at Stampin’ Up! Headquarters. Lots of announcements have been released and I’ll be posting the exciting information over the next couple of days…so stay tuned!!!