In my last post, the Magic In This Night Designer Series Paper was being highlighted on a non-Halloween card. Today, it is front and center again on two Halloween Z-fold cards. One of the cards features spiders and the other features bats. Even with creepy crawlies and things that fly in the night, the cards aren’t too spooky! Since the cards are part of the September To-Go Kit featuring the stamp set, A Wish For Everything, the front sentiment and inside greeting fit perfectly on the Z-Fold cards.
Notice the little spiders? They are cut using the Little Treat Box dies. The spiders are the perfect size for this project.
What fun with the bats! The bats are cut from a piece of the Magic In This Night Designer Series Paper. The Halloween Magic Dies coordinate with designer series paper to cut the bats. Plus there’s a die with the three small flying bats that add the perfect touch to the back panel.
- Card base: Cajun Craze or Black Berry Bliss cardstock: 4-1/4” x 11”, score on 11” side at 2-3/4” & 5-1/2”
- Z-Fold layer – Basic Black Cardstock: 3-1/4” x 9-3/4”, score at 2-3/4” & 5-1/2”
- Magic in this Night Designer Series Paper
- Panels for card base: 4” x 5-1/4”; 2 pcs – 4” x 2-1/2”
- Panels for inside z-fold: 4” x 3”, 2-1/2” x 3”
- Whisper White cardstock panel: 2-1/2” x 3” and 2-1/4” square scrap piece for sentiment
- Stamp Set: A Wish For Everything
- Ink: Cajun Craze Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Dies: Halloween Magic, Little Treat Box and Stitched Shapes
- Embellishments: bats cut from the Designer Series Paper & the Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins or the spiders (die cut using the Little Treat Box dies), Basic Rhinestone Jewels & 1-1/2″ Metallic Mesh Ribbon
- First, fold and burnish the score lines on both cards. For the base panel, the small fold is the card front. The card folds into a “z”.
- Add the Magic In This Night designer series paper panels to the card base and to the Basic Black cardstock z-fold layer.
- Using a strong adhesive, attach the z-fold layer to the card base. Note: the large side panel of the z-fold layer is added to the 2-3/4” front panel of the base.
- Next, stamp the inside sentiment with Cajun Craze Classic Stampin’ Pad onto the Whisper White panel. Then, attach to the last panel of the z-fold.
- For the front sentiment, stamp Happy Halloween onto a 2-1/2” square of Whisper White cardstock. For the circle shape, use the Stitched Shapes Die. If adding sentiment to the spider card, add the metallic mesh ribbon beneath the sentiment. (As an added touch on the spider sentiment, stamp the webs from the Banner Year Stamp Set using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink)
- Refer to photos for each card for placement of spiders and bats. Embellish with adhesive-backed sequins on the bat card and rhinestones on the spider card.
The September 3D Tutorial Bundle is available! This month the projects are focusing on Halloween.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and September 30, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the September 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE! September is a great time to join – Stampin’ Up! is offering the “Get & Go Starter Kit Promotion”. In addition to the regular Starter Kit ($99), you’ll receive enough cardstock pieces to make 16 cards, a pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels, the So Much Love stamp set, and the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set. Contact me for more details.
Thanks for stopping by today. Hopefully, I’ve inspired you to get creative! Below you will find a list of the project materials used for today’s project. To order the supplies, you can click on the item in Project Materials or download the Supply List and go to my store to by clicking here. (you’ll know you’re shopping with me if you see my name on the upper, left side of the page) Your order is greatly appreciated.