In a previous post, I shared my card design for a recent Shoebox Swap that I attended. Today, one of the cards from another card maker is being highlighted. It is a poinsettia crisscross pocket card and absolutely gorgeous! Linda Edwards, at Crafty Heron Designs, prepared the materials so each attendee could create the card. Not only did Linda present this card design but she also hosted the event. It was a delightful day and all in attendance had a wonderful time.
Isn’t the card beautiful?
It was simple to cut the poinsettia flower from the Poinsettia Place Designer Series Paper using the coordinating Poinsettia Dies. I just love it when images from designer series papers have dies that coordinate! To showcase the poinsettia, the Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty Paper provides the perfect base. The crisscross card is cut 1/4″ smaller and mounted onto a 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Thick Very Vanilla cardstock. The combination of Whisper White and Very Vanilla makes an elegant card. Notice how one side of the crisscross is topped with the designer series paper and the other is texture embossed. This adds an extra WOW element. For the sentiment card, stamp with Versamark and heat emboss using Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Then, layer atop a piece of gold foil paper. To create a pull for the card interior, punch a slit using the Label Me Fancy Punch and thread ribbon though slit.
Curvy Celebrations has started! The Quite Curvy Variety Bundle is now available for you to order. Click here to view the products available.
Peace & Joy Bundle Give-Away: Be sure to comment to enter. You can read give-away details here.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (2020-2021 Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Plus for your orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. You can order Project Materials at the bottom of the post or click here to visit my Online Store. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting…Project Materials:
The current host code is: CJSBNX7Z. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
For today’s post, I’m sharing the Happy Fall Y’all! card made in the October card class. The card is a project from a recent online workshop that I attended. I did make a few alterations – changing the sentiment and layer measurements but the card design is by Melanie Hockin. The multiple layers and the wreath shape creates lots of visual interest. Isn’t the card beautiful? Thank you Mel for a gorgeous card design!
Project Materials for Happy Fall Y’all Wreath Card:
- Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock (5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score and fold at 4-1/4” for card base)
- Cajun Craze Cardstock (3” x 3”)
- Very Vanilla Cardstock (3-1/4” x 4-1/2”, 3” x 3”)
- Mint Macaron Cardstock (3-1/2” x 4-3/4”)
- Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper (Cajun Craze background: 3-3/4” x 5”; Mint Macaron and Cajun Craze scraps to punch leaves)
- Greenery Embossing Folder
- Layering Circles Dies
- Gold Hoop Embellishments
- Autumn Punch Pack
- Banner Year Stamp Set
- Cajun Craze Classic Stampin’ Pad
- In Good Taste Elements
- Metallic Ribbon from the Basket Weave/Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack
- Layer the Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper and the Mint Macaron cardstock onto the Thick Very Vanilla card base.
- Texture emboss the 3-1/4” x 4-1/2” Very Vanilla cardstock with the Greenery Embossing Folder. Adhere to the Mint Macaron layer on the card base.
- Die cut a layering scalloped circle from Cajun Craze cardstock and a layering circle from Very Vanilla cardstock. Adhere together and add to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach a gold hoop to the center of the Very Vanilla circle.
- Arrange veneer elements around the hoop and circle. TIP: gently snap off a short stem from a veneer element and add it inside the hoop. Attach the elements with mini glue dots.
- Layer and attach leaves onto the left side of the gold hoop.
- Embellish with a small ribbon bow.
- Stamp sentiment onto strip of Very Vanilla cardstock using the Cajun Craze Classic Stampin’ Pad. Attach to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper contains beautiful prints making it easy to select a color palette for card fall themed designs. Adding multiple layers along with texture embossing also elevates a card and is a great way to “take it up a notch.” Good tips to remember when you want to make an extra special card!
To celebrate the beginning of the new Stampin’ Up! business year, I am launching a Customer Loyalty Program. Download the form (2020-2021 Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Plus for your orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Oh, don’t forget about the Designer Series Paper Sale. It is ongoing through the end of October. During this incredible sale, you can save 15% on select Designer Series Papers from current Stampin’ Up! catalogs. So, you’ll want to stock up on your favorites. Just click here to see the beautiful papers on sale.
The October 3D Tutorial Bundle is available! This month the projects feature fall themed projects.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and November 10, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the October 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting…
The host code for October is: YZ64N9SM. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). If your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.