It’s time to prepare for Halloween! Today’s project features Bewitching Stars Treat Bags. The “bewitching” in the title comes from using the Bewitching Bundle in the Stampin’ Up! July-December 2022 Mini Catalog. The bundle contains the Bewitching Stamp Set and the Witch Hat Builder Punch. In the same catalog, you’ll find the Stars Treat Bags. The treat bags are sturdy and will make the perfect table favor to stand at each place setting. And for the sentiment, you’ll find the “Boo!” stamp in the Cottage Wreaths Stamp Set (or select your favorite Halloween sentiment to use!)
Bewitching Stars Treat Bags Project Details:
- Stamp the witch hat and the shoes with legs images onto Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. TIP: the Stamparatus is the perfect tool to use when stamping the images.
- If you selected the dotted witch hat as above, select your desired Stampin’ Blends colors to color the dots. Also, color the leggings and buckle on the shoes. Colors used on my project were: Parakeet Party, Tahitian Tide, Real Red and Daffodil Delight.
- Use the coordinating Witches Hat Builder Punch to cut the hat shape.
- Fussy cut the shoes with legs image (or if you own a Scan & Cut or other electronic scan/die cutting machine, the image can be easily cut. NOTE: use a pencil to connect the two legs together so they cut in one piece – erase after cutting)
- Add the witch hat to the legs then attach to the lower right front edge of the Stars Treat Bag using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- If desired, stamp Boo! onto Basic White cardstock using Parakeet Party. If you have the retired circle punches, 3/4″ & 1″, use them to cut the sentiment and a piece of black cardstock to layer the sentiment. Otherwise, use the smallest two Stylish Shapes circle dies.
- Loop into a bow shape the Parakeet 1/8″ Metallic Woven Ribbon and attach to the treat bag using Stampin’ Seal+. Next, add the layered sentiment over the bow using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Next is the fun part – fill the bag with treats!!!
The Starter Kit promotion is ongoing through October 31. Now is a great time to join Stampin’ Up!
When autumn rolls around, do you start thinking about cozy Christmas crafting projects? This November, Paper Pumpkin delivers this and more with its one-of-a-kind, holiday-themed crafting experience. This festive kit includes 12 fun, sparkly gift tags and (as always!) an exclusive stamp set—plus everything you need for a successful holiday crafting experience.
ABOUT THE KIT – “From the North Pole”
This kit includes:
- This month’s kit contains enough elements to create 12 tags—4 each of 3 designs. This all-inclusive kit includes printed die-cut paper pieces, twine, adhesive, and more!
- Includes a Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin’ Spot!
- You’ll love decorating your gift tags with snowflake and banner die-cut pieces on our Mint Macaron glitter specialty paper (a Paper Pumpkin exclusive).
- Create festive gift tags for all your packaging needs this holiday season with classic Christmas colors and designs.
Finished gift tag size: 2″ x 3″
Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron, Shaded Spruce, Sweet Sorbet
North Pole Sacks Add-On
Item Number: 162416 Item Price: $4.00 USD
- Includes 12 food-safe paper bags
- Create fun packaging for your seasonal gifts and treats
- Features a festive design in Crumb Cake
- Bag size: 4″ x 6″
Be sure to register no later than November 10, 2022 to receive the Paper Pumpkin “From the North Pole” tag kit. Click here to register.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program:
Thank you for shopping with me. Be sure to track your orders on my Customer Loyalty form.
Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Just a reminder: for orders over $150 you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Again, thank you for placing your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy crafting!
SHOP ONLINE: Click on any of the product photos below to shop online with me (Margaret Knight). Thank you!
Each month I like to include a little something extra in the card kit to-go packages. Since this month’s theme featured products from the Rustic Harvest Suite, I decided to decorate the Peekaboo Treat Bags using the Rustic Harvest Designer Series Paper. It’s the first time that I have used the Peekaboo Treat Bags but it certainly won’t be the last! Plans are already in place to use them for treat giving this holiday season. The treat bags are the perfect size for small treats, food safe and a great price! And best of all, decorating the peekaboo treat bags is simple. So be sure to add these treat bags to your next Stampin’ Up! order.
- Peekaboo Treat Bags
- Rustic Harvest Designer Series Paper
- Basic White Cardstock (scraps for stamping leaves & sentiment)
- Hello Harvest Bundle (for leaves)
- Cup of Tea Bundle (for tag)
- Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Linen Thread
- Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive
- Mini Glue Dots
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Cut the desired pattern from the Rustic Harvest Designer Series Paper. The width for both top and bottom panels is 3-15/16″. On my samples, the cut dimensions for the top panel is 3-15/16″ x 1-7/8″. There was some variation on the bottom panel height of the peekaboo bags so I recommend measuring the panel to determine the height you desire. The height varied from 1″ -1’12”.
- Use multipurpose liquid adhesive to attach the designer series paper panels to the peekaboo treat bag panels.
- Stamp leaves onto Basic White cardstock using Mossy Meadow ink pad and cut with the coordinating die.
- Using the Mossy Meadow ink, stamp “enjoy” onto the Basic White cardstock and cut with the tag die. (both the stamp and tag are from the Cup of Tea bundle).
- Now it’s time to add your treats to your Peekaboo Treat Bag!!! To go with the fall theme, I added Pumpkin Spice and Apple Flavored candies – yum!!!
- Wrap Linen Thread three times around the top band of the Peekaboo Treat Bag positioning the twine in the notches on each side of the bag.
- Attach the die cut leaves and tag to the top band over the twine.
- Complete by embellishing the tag top with a Linen Thread bow.
As mentioned earlier, I’ll be using the Peekaboo Treat Bags for the upcoming holidays. So be sure to subscribe to my blog so you’ll get notifications when I post. I have additional ideas for embellishing the treat bags.
There are just a few days left to subscribe to receive the October HO!HO!HO! Paper Pumpkin Kit! Don’t delay – the last day to subscribe to the October Paper Pumpkin Kit is October 10. You can subscribe here.
‘Tis the season to make your own Christmas cards with the Ho Ho Ho Paper Pumpkin Kit! This kit contains whimsical designs of Santa and his reindeer in a classic Christmas color palette which is sure to match various styles of holiday décor and look great on mantles everywhere.
Each kit contains enough supplies to create 9 festive cards—3 each of 3 designs—and 9 coordinating envelopes. These cards are sure to bring the warm holiday spirit.
And word from the North Pole is that this kit coordinates with next month’s Paper Pumpkin tag kit and the special add-on product! With so much coordination between products, you’ll have a breeze at creating a cohesive look for all your holiday gifting needs. Make this season the most wonderful time of the year for your loved ones—and for yourself!
DO YOU WANT TO SAVE MONEY ON YOUR STAMPIN’ UP! CRAFTING SUPPLIES?
If you answered yes, then now is a great time to consider joining Stampin’ Up! During the month of October, Stampin’ Up! is offering additional FREE product to the Starter Kit.
Contact me with any questions you may have regarding becoming a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator. As a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, you receive a minimum of 20% discount on demonstrator orders. Plus, you are able to preorder supplies before they are released to the public. Being a demonstrator does not require you to hold classes, write a blog, or maintain it as a business all you are required to do to remain active is meet the quarterly minimum. The amount is $300 retail (so it’s actually less with your discount!) You can learn more about the benefits of being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and joining by clicking here.
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy crafting!
Since we no longer have trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood, I am making Halloween treat gifts for family and friends. Stampin’ Up! has a variety of packaging options making treat giving simple. I am using the 6″ x 8″ cellophane bags for the majority of the Halloween treat gifts and making bag toppers with the Celebration Labels Dies. There is one Halloween treat that uses a Mini Paper Pumpkin Box (for a special recipient!)
Tips for bag toppers:
To create the bag toppers, use the largest die from the Celebration Labels Dies to cut desired pattern from the Magic In This Night Designer Series Paper (on Sale until through October 31!) After cutting, score the center of the label. Attach to the bag using Stampin’ Seal+ and fold over the 6″ x 8″ Cellophane Bag (don’t forget to fill the bag with your treats first!). Embellish the bag topper using the Banner Year Stamp Set and the Little Treats Bundle products. This is a project to use cardstock from your scrap bin! Use Layering Circles dies to cut tags to add to the bag topper. Additional embellishments are: bats cut from the Magic In This Night Designer Series Paper using the coordinating Halloween Magic Dies, Wink of Stella (on spiders), Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Champagne Rhinestone Jewels, Metallic Mesh Ribbon and Glittered Organdy Ribbon.
Tip for coloring the Mini Paper Pumpkin Box:
Use the Mango Melody, Bumblebee and Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink Pads to swipe ink across the box exterior. I found it best to swipe in one direction with a color and then swipe in opposite direction for coverage. After adding the final color layer, spritz water to create the spotted appearance. Decorate as desired!
As you see in the photo above, I have made a number of Halloween treat gifts. Using different Halloween greetings and embellishments, each is slightly different. The Banner Year and Little Treats Stamp Sets have perfect sentiments to make small tags for different occasions. I still have a few treats remaining so will be finishing more bag toppers this weekend so they’ll be ready for gifting next week!
To celebrate the beginning of the new Stampin’ Up! business year, I am launching a Customer Loyalty Program. Download the form (2020-2021 Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Plus for your orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Oh, don’t forget about the Designer Series Paper Sale. It is ongoing through the end of October. During this incredible sale, you can save 15% on select Designer Series Papers from current Stampin’ Up! catalogs. So, you’ll want to stock up on your favorites. Just click here to see the beautiful papers on sale.
The October 3D Tutorial Bundle is available! This month the projects feature fall themed projects.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and November 10, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the October 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting…
The host code for October is: YZ64N9SM. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). If your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Happy Friday! As promised, today I’m sharing the project details from Wednesday evening’s Facebook Live. The bundles, Little Treats meets Banner Year, combine to create adorable treat holders. First, thank you to those that watched the presentation! Despite a few technical glitches, I felt it important to continue and demonstrated the treat boxes below. Second and good news, I learned how to correct the glitch. As a result, going forward, my Facebook Lives should be in landscape position. It’s a learning process and important to not give up but keep trying. Right?!
Now, on to the projects. As mentioned in the demonstration, I love making treat holders and the Little Treats Bundle is great for doing so. The Little Treat Box Dies from the bundle creates an ideal sized treat box when you want to give “a little something”. Even better, use the Banner Year Bundle and the creative possibilities grow exponentially. So, what will fit in the treat boxes? In addition to small candies or packages of small cookies, the Bath & Body Works small hand sanitizers fit perfectly. In this post, I’m sharing 6 different designs combining the two bundles but have other ideas that I’ll share later. For the projects, the Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper provides a wide variety of plaid color combinations making it a perfect selection for making the treat boxes.
Assembly & Tips:
- This is a great project for using your scrap cardstock! Though I’m providing dimensions, in most cases, just grab small pieces from your scrap pile.
- Treat boxes can be left open or select coordinating ribbons to tie closed.
For the first step, use the Little Treat Box Die to cut the 6″ x 6″ Plaid Designer Series. Then, assemble the treat boxes. If desired, add adhesive to the front and back panels to hold the panels fixed against the inside box.
From a 1″ x 1″ scrap of Basic Black cardstock, use the spider die from the Little Treat Box Dies to cut a spider. After cutting the spider, use Clear Wink of Stella to add shimmer to the spider body and add two small Basic Rhinestone Jewels for the eyes. On a 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the Happy, Happy Halloween sentiment from the Little Treats stamp set using Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin’ Pad. Then, stamp the web from the Banner Year Stamp Set using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad on the upper corner. Use the 1-1/2″ circle punch to cut. Use the stitched and scalloped circle die from the Little Treat Box Dies to cut from a 2″ x 2″ piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock. Adhere the stamped sentiment circle to the Daffodil Delight scalloped circle and add the spider using a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional. Add to the front of the treat box using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Stamp BOO! (from the Banner Year Stamp Set) using Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin’ Pad onto a 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Cut using the 1-1/2″ circle punch. Above the word BOO, stamp the Bat (Banner Year Stamp Set) using the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad. Stamp another bat onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and fussy cut. Layer atop the stamped bat on the Whisper White using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. Attach to a Scalloped Circle (Little Treat Box Dies) cut from Pumpkin Pie cardstock.
Cut each end of a 1″ x 3-1/2″ piece of Whisper White cardstock using the Banners Pick A Punch. After punching the ends, stamp multiple leaves on the right side using Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink Pad – TIP: after inking stamp – “stamp off” onto a scrap piece of paper 2 times before stamping onto the tag. NOTE: All stamps for are from the Banner Year Stamp Set. Stamp the pumpkin using the Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink Pad onto the left side of the tag and also onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Stamp the pumpkin stem and the Happy Fall Y’all using Mossy Meadow Classic Ink Pad. Fussy cut the extra pumpkin and add atop the pumpkin on the tag using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Create the banner tag by cutting a one end of a 1/2″ x 3″ strip of Whisper White cardstock using the Banners Pick A Punch. Using the Happy Thanksgiving stamp from the Banner Year Stamp Set, stamp the sentiment using Pretty Peacock Classic Stampin’ Pad close to the banner end. Ink the acorn stamp using Cinnamon Cider. Then, stamp off onto a scrap of paper before stamping beside the sentiment. Cut a 6″ piece of In-Color Bumblebee Ribbon and form a loop. Attach the ribbon loop to the treat box and add the banner tag using dimensionals.
Create banners: Real Red cardstock (3″ x 1″) and Whisper White cardstock (2-3/4″ x 3/4″). Stamp “be merry” onto the Whisper White tag using Real Red Classic Ink Pad. Stamp the Holly using Shaded Spruce Classic Ink Pad. For the holly berries, stamp using Real Red and then add Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels atop the stamped berries. Layer the stamped tag onto the Real Red cardstock tag and attach to treat box using dimensionals.
From the Little Treats Stamp Set, stamp HO HO HO Merry Christmas using Real Red Classic Ink Pad onto a 1″ x 2-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Next, cut into the tag shape using the die from the Little Treat Box Dies. Now stamp the Santa Hat, also from the LIttle Treats Stamp Set, using Real Red onto a 1-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Cut using the coordinating die. Add Clear Wink of Stella to the “fur” rim and “pompom” of the hat. Attach hat to the corner of the sentiment tag using a Glue Dot. To highlight the tag, create a belly band by wrapping a 1-1/4″ x 6″ piece of Basic Black cardstock around the assembled treat box. Run a bone folder along each corner to help crease and form the band. To seal the belly band, use a strong adhesive such Stampin’ Seal+ or Tear & Tape. Add the sentiment tag to the belly band using dimensionals.
I had lots of fun creating the Little Treat Boxes and even more fun, creating a variety of tags for each. As noted earlier, there are possibilities galore when combining the Little Treats and the Banner Year Bundles. So, don’t delay and order these bundles so you can start creating fun treat boxes to have for the upcoming seasonal events. And one last thing, if you want to watch the video click here (remember, it was a learning process! forward thru the first two minutes where I’m attempting to adjust the view. And no, I won’t be offended if you laugh!)
The September 3D Tutorial Bundle is available! This month the projects are focusing on Halloween.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and September 30, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the September 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE! September is a great time to join – Stampin’ Up! is offering the “Get & Go Starter Kit Promotion”. In addition to the regular Starter Kit ($99), you’ll receive enough cardstock pieces to make 16 cards, a pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels, the So Much Love stamp set, and the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set. Contact me for more details.
Thanks for stopping by today. Hopefully, I’ve inspired you to get creative! Below you will find a list of the project materials used for today’s project. To order the supplies, you can download the Supply List and go to my store to by clicking here. Your order is greatly appreciated.
The host code for September is: 2EAKUGQC. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). If your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
One of the projects from this month’s class are the Christmas Treat Bags embellished with tags. The tags use the Making Spirits Bright and Spirited Snowmen stamp sets from Stampin’ Up!. This time of year is busy with time being precious. Creating Christmas treat bags with special tags are quick to make and a joy to give. As a special treat, I baked Christmas Bulb cookies for class attendees to add to the cellophane bag with the May Your Christmas be Bright tag. Holiday M & M’s fill the bag with the snowman tag. These bags are fun to make and have on hand when you wish to give someone “just a little something”.
May Your Christmas Be Bright Tag:
The Christmas cookie bag tag uses the Making Christmas Bright stamp set. Stamp the sentiment with Real Red and Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pads onto Whisper White cardstock. Do you notice the cookie icing colors? They just so happen to coordinate with the tag colors! The cookie fits perfectly inside the 3″ x 6″ cellophane bag. Create a touch of bling using the Christmas Bulb Builder punch to cut the Joyous Noel 6″ x 6″ Glimmer paper and a scrap of Silver Foil paper creating a shiny bulb. The Detailed Trio Punch softens the edges of the Real Red Cardstock tag base and the sentiment layer. Finish the tag by punching a hole with the 1/8″ handheld circle punch a tying a bow around the bag with Real Red 3/8″ cotton ribbon.
Spirited Snowman Tag:
The Snowman tag uses the Spirited Snowmen Stamp set. This has become one of my favorite snowmen stamp sets! Stamp the snowman using Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto the Whisper White cardstock. Cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies and color the snowman image using Stampin’ Blends. The snowman in the photo colors are Call Me Clover light, Pumpkin Pie dark, Real Red light, Soft Suede light, Smoky Slate light, Basic Black dark. Or use your favorite Stampin’ Blends colors! To add a touch of glitter, use clear Wink of Stella on the rim and pom pom on the cap. The “For You” sentiment is from Snow is Glistening Stamp set (discontinued). Use the Layering Ovals Thinlits Dies to cut the Call Me Clover base layer. Finish by filling the 2″ x 8″ Cellophane Bag with your treat and use Call Me Clover 1/8″ grosgrain ribbon to tie the bag.
The Year-End Clearance sale starts on December 5. Follow this link, Shop Now, to check out the Clearance items from the Holiday Catalog. Quantities are limited and available while supplies last. The stamp sets and items from the Holiday Catalog for this project maybe on the list so now would be the time to purchase the stamps!
Check back soon for another holiday project idea! Happy creating.
Download the Annual Catalog
Download Holiday Catalog
The Clearance Rack
Sign up for my newsletter and my 12 Weeks of Christmas
10% Off Coordinating Product Bundles