In an earlier post, I noted I am the guest stamper this February for the Luv 2 Stampin GA group. Each week, I share a project featuring the Field Journal Stamp Set. This week’s project highlights the Field Journal Blueberries. And yes, I did fussy cut but not a difficult image to use with this technique. To accompany this week’s card, a Love You Always treat box has been gussied up!
Field Journal Blueberries Card & Treat Box Details:
- Card base is Seaside Spray cardstock (8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, score and fold at 4-1/4″).
- Prepare the second layer of Night of Navy cardstock (5-1/4″ x 4″) by topping it with a piece of Playing with Patterns Designer Series Paper (3-3/4″ x 5″). NOTE: if you select the pattern on this card sample, pay close attention to the direction of the pattern when cutting. (Guess why I added the note!!!) Do not add to card base at this time.
- Using the blueberries stamp from the Field Journal Stamp Set, stamp three (3) images using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock. If you wish to embellish envelope, stamp it also. Use the following Stampin’ Blends to color: berries – Dark Seaside Spray & Light Night of Navy, leaves – Light & Dark Granny Apple Green. Fussy cut the blueberries using paper snips.
- Select the sentiment from the Field Journal Stamp Set and stamp onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Night of Navy Classic Stamp Pad. Cut using the stitched rectangle from the Ornate Layers Dies.
- Wrap Seaside Spray Metallic Ribbon around the Night of Navy/Designer Series Paper layer and tie into a bow. Optional: add a sprig of the Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon to the metallic ribbon before tying the bow.
- Position sentiment and two of the blueberry images onto the card front overlapping the ribbon.
- Cut the Playing with Patterns Designer Series Paper to cover the box top and sides. Attach with Stampin’ Seal+ or multipurpose liquid adhesive.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Parcels & Petals Stamp Set using Night of Navy Classic Stamp Pad onto Basic White cardstock. Cut using the Ornate Layers Die. Also, use dies to cut a scrap of Night of Navy cardstock to layer the sentiment.
- Add the sentiment to box top using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Complete by adding the last blueberry image and a small Seaside Spray Metallic Ribbon bow.
- Lastly – FILL the box with treats. Mine holds chocolate covered blueberries to give to a special someone!!!
Don’t overlook ordering the Field Journal Stamp Set! It’s versatility makes it a great addition to any stamp collection.
Sale-A-Bration ends on Sunday so you’ll want to take advantage of the FREE products available. Sale-A-Bration is one of our biggest promotions of the year. During Sale-A-Bration you can earn FREE products with qualifying purchases. The FREE products are in the Sale-A-Bration Brochure. Click here to Shop With Me and view the online Sale-A-Bration brochure under the Sales and Specials tab.
An additional bonus – if you JOIN and become a demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive a free stack of our Regals, Subtles, Neutrals, Brights, and 2020—2022 In Color Designer Series Paper along with your Starter Kit! There couldn’t be a better time to join the Stampin’ Up! family and becoming a member of my Playtime with Paper group.
Don’t delay if you wish to take advantage of FREE products!
MARCH PAPER PUMPKIN
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 8 cards—4 each of 2 designs—and coordinating envelopes. The kit’s contents include printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, embellishments, adhesive, and more!
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Bumblebee, Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pretty Peacock, Seaside Spray
- Includes four free stencils and a stamping sponge!
- Arrives in a cute and collectible box.
Subscribe here to receive the March kit. The last day to order is March 10 but don’t delay, supplies may be limited near the end of the promotion.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (2020-2021 Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. And for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
The host code for February is: WJG4ZYAK. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Do you have a youngster (or oldster!) who likes dinosaurs? If so, this Dino Days Treat Holder is perfect for when you want to give them a “little something”. The Clear Tiny Treat Boxes are perfect for tiny treats and fun to decorate. It’s been great fun creating different projects using the Dinoroar Suite Bundle and this Dino Days Treat Holder is no exception.
Here’s a side view:
- Stamp dinosaur body from the Dino Days Stamp Set using Pool Party Classic Stampin’ Pad onto Whisper White cardstock. Also, stamp the spikes using Pretty Peacock Classic Stampin’ Pad onto Whisper White cardstock. Cut the pieces using the coordinating Dino Dies. Attach the spikes to the dinosaur body using mini glue dots.
- Using Mango Melody Classic Stampin’ Pad, stamp the sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock. Cut using the Stitched Nested Labels Dies. TIP: Position the die so that the sentiment will be closer to the right edge of the cut shape. This will leave room to add the dinosaur. Add the Dinosaur to the left side of the sentiment label using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- With Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad, stamp the fern fronds onto a scrap of Old Olive cardstock. Stamp 3 times. Cut using the coordinating die from the Dino Dies.
- Cut along the edging on an approximately a 2″ piece of 3/8″ Denim Ribbon. Then fray the ribbon into threads. Use Snail Adhesive to attach the frays to the sentiment piece (refer to project photo). With mini glue dots, layer the 3 ferns and add to the top right edge of the sentiment label behind the frayed ribbon. Embellish with a Dinoroar Enamel Shape.
Assemble the Box:
- Put the Clear Tiny Treat Box together. TIP: Don’t forget to remove the plastic film that protects the box.
- To create a liner for the box, cut a 6″ x 2″ piece of Mango Melody cardstock. Score at 2″ and 4″ and insert into treat box. For the Dinoroar Designer Series Paper, cut two pieces: 2″ x 4″ (score at 2″) and 2″ x 2″ piece (two pieces are cut so that the print goes in the same direction when inserted into the treat box). Use a mini glue dot at the top of the designer series paper to hold it in place.
- To complete the treat box, attach the sentiment label to the box using Stampin’ Dimensionals and add your treat! TIP: For ease in opening the box, put the label on the box back so that the box lid opens from the back. This also keeps the sentiment label in place.
WANT MORE SAVINGS ON YOUR ORDERS? WOULD YOU LIKE EARLY ACCESS TO THE HOLIDAY CATALOG?
Now is a good time to join Stampin’ Up! with the EXTRA! EXTRA! promotion. From now until August 31, new demonstrators will receive an additional dollars to put toward bonus products in their Starter Kit. THEN, they’ll receive a $10 coupon code the following month. The bonus at initial sign up allows you to select $30 more than usual. You will pay $99 to sign up and choose $155 worth of Stampin’ Up! products in your Starter Kit. Plus, as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, you will have online access to the Holiday Catalog and can even select items for your Starter Kit from the Holiday Catalog. The coupon code you receive is valid until October 31, 2019 so you can use it when ordering products from the Annual or the Holiday Catalog. Click here to read more details and join the fun!
Reminder: You may purchase supplies for this card by clicking the links under the Project Materials or visiting my online store. I appreciate your business!
Thanks for stopping by!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for August is: CZ9HMVB2. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!
This week’s CASE the Catalog highlights the Toil & Trouble Designer Series Paper used to decorate a Tiny Treat Box. October has arrived so it’s time to think Halloween! The inspiration for my project is on page 48 in the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog. One of my “go to” products when preparing treats are the Tiny Treat Boxes so it was only natural that I selected one to CASE. When you compare the projects, you will see a few changes with the addition of a witch’s hat and a circle of Gorgeous Grape behind the sentiment. This is a quick project to make and will bring smiles to those that you treat for Halloween!
You will need the following materials to create this treat holder:
- Clear Tiny Treat Boxes (#141699)
- Toil & Trouble Designer Series Paper (#147531)
- Cauldron Bubble Bundle (Clear Mount #149331 or Wood Mount #149330)
- Spider Trinkets (#147896) – aren’t they stinkin’ cute?!
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock (#146897)
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (#132708)
- Solid Black Baker’s Twine (#141682)
- 1-3/4″ Circle Punch
- 1-1/4″ Circle Punch
Many of the Cauldron Framelits dies match perfectly with images from the Toil & Trouble Designer Series Paper making it quick and easy to create projects. Instead of stamping and coloring the witch’s hat, I chose one from the DSP and cut it with the coordinating framelit. Easy-peasy! You’ll be ready for Halloween in no time at all with this project and recipients will be delighted!
Download the Annual Catalog
Dashing Hostess Promotion
Download Holiday Catalog
The Clearance Rack
Sign up for my newsletter
10% Off Coordinating Product Bundles
Thanks for stopping by! Remember to signup for my Newsletter…the 12 Weeks of Christmas begins on Wednesday!
It seems like creating fun treats for kids is not only fun but so rewarding. Seeing the little smile on the face of a child can almost melt your heart and probably make your day. Just remember that if you have children or grandchildren still in school, they will always have a reason to bring in treats maybe three times a year. I have probably done dozens over the years because I love hand made gifts. Therefore, it’s certainly nice to have a plan so you are ready.
Everyone Can Help When Creating Fun Treats
Above all, get the kids involved rather than doing it for them. That’s when using fun products is certainly essential. Get them excited about what you are making because when they help, the pride they have is even more rewarding. For that reason alone, the Animal Outing stamp set is the perfect stamp set for such an event. So, I have a special project to share with you using this stamp set. What do you think of the adorable giraffe below? The treat box is perfect to give to a teacher, counselor or adult figure. Another great idea is a party favor due to the amount of parties you could potentially be involved in each year when you have children. It honestly seems like there are even more animal themed parties popping up now more than ever.
Fill with fun treats for the kids
Rather than just post the picture, I also have the ingredients and directions to create the treat box so you can see the steps.
• Animal Outing Stamp Set
• Lemon Lime Twist • Whisper White • Shaded Spruce
• Memento Tuxedo Black Ink • Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends • Dark Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends
Punches & Dies:
• 2 ½” Circle Punch • Leaf Punch • Layering Circles Framelits (use the 2nd largest Scalloped Circle)
• 5/8” Burlap Ribbon • Kraft Pillow Boxes
Directions for Project
1. Due to the coloring involved use Memento Tuxedo Black ink, stamp giraffe onto Whisper White Cardstock and color using the Stampin’ Blends. Also, cut using the 2 ½” circle punch.
2. Cut the Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock using the scalloped circle thinlit and punch leaves from Shaded Spruce Cardstock.
3. Assemble the Kraft Pillow Box.
4. Cut a 6” strip of Burlap Ribbon and cut between each of the strands approximately 2” on each end. Separate strands. Attach to top of box with adhesive.
5. Using desired adhesive, attach leaves to back of stamped giraffe circle and layer onto the Lemon Lime Twist scalloped circle.
6. Finally, attach assembled tag to pillow box overlapping the burlap strip. Enjoy creating fun treats of your own!
Shop the Designer Series Paper Sale through the end of July
Join My Team with the Stampin’ Color Family Promotion
Shop my online store anytime
The 2018-2019 Annual Catalog