For the next couple of weeks, I will be posting holiday card ideas. This first card features the Merriest Moments Bundle. In addition to the the stamp set and coordinating dies, the bundle includes the Merriest Frames Hybrid Embossing Folder. With the hybrid embossing folder, the die fits into the embossing folder. This creates beautifully textured die-cut images. For the feature card below, the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper is die cut and texture embossed. Notice the texture on the Basic White cardstock? The Merriest Frames Hybrid Embossing Folder is used for it too! For my card, I am using a sentiment from the Tidings & Trimmings Stamp Set in lieu of one from the Merriest Moments Stamp Set. A list of materials is below along with an assembly video to assist you reproduce the card.
- Merriest Moments Bundle
- Card base: Evening Evergreen cardstock (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″)
- Basic White cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-3/8″ (for texture embossed layer); 2-1/4″ x 3-1/2″ for sentiment (cut using Merriest Frames Dies)
- Real Red cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Red Velvet Paper Pack: scrap pieces for cutting mini poinsettias using dies in the Merriest Frames
- Evening Evergreen Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Tidings & Trimming Stamp Set (or use desired sentiment from the Merriest Moments Stamp Set)
- Simply Elegant Trim
- Rhinestone Jewels
- Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Mini Glue Dots
With the Merriest Moments Bundle featuring the Merriest Frames Hybrid Embossing Folder, you’ll be able to create many different card designs so be sure to add it on your “wish list.”
Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to check back next week for another holiday card idea.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Remember for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
Have a great week!
The current host code is: ZWWEXW79 (good until December 3, 2021). Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Today, I am excited to kick-off my Christmas in July event by highlighting elements from the Tidings of Christmas product suite. Though we are still in the heat of summer, it’s not to early to start thinking about Christmas. I will be posting holiday themed projects each Wednesday and Friday in July. And if you enjoy Hallmark Channel holiday movies, the channel starts their Christmas in July movies this upcoming weekend. I can’t wait!!! Yes, the movies are predictable but fun to watch. What better way to spend a hot, muggy day than to stay indoors, get cozy and watch Christmas-winter themed movies?! Now to stop digressing and get back to the card featured today. (LOL)
For this first Christmas in July project, the Tidings and Trimmings Bundle and the Tidings of Christmas Designer Series Paper blend to create a traditional Christmas card. For the card layout, I opted to use one of my favorite layouts with angled layers of designer series paper. The Tidings of Christmas product suite is from the 2021-2022 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog (pages 88-89). You’ll find a list of card materials and the video directions below.
- Tidings & Trimmings Bundle
- Evening Evergreen cardstock:
- Card base: 4-1/4″ x 11″, score at 5-1/2″
- 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ (optional: texture emboss using the Evergreen Forest 3D Embossing Folder)
- scraps for die cutting holly leaves
- Basic White cardstock:
- 4″ x 5-1/2″ (cut 2 – one for card front & one for card interior)
- 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ (for sentiment – cut with circle die)
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock: 3″ x 3″ (cut with scalloped circle die)
- Tidings of Christmas Designer Series Paper:
- Red Stripe: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Evergreen Trees: 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ (for card front)
- Evergreen Trees: 2-3/8″ x 6″ (for envelope flap)
- Layering Circle Dies – use the 2-3/4″ scallop circle die & the 2-5/8″ circle die
- Soft Succulent Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Red Rhinestone Jewels
- Evening Evergreen Open Weave Ribbon
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Basic White Envelope
Here’s the video tutorial for assembly…(btw, the tutorial starts at the beginning of assembly but YouTube has selected this as the portion to show as a photo)
Reminders & Other Announcements
Click here to check out the select Designer Series Papers on Sale! (and yes, it includes the Tidings of Christmas Designer Series Paper from this project)
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Remember for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your orders.
Be sure to check back on Friday…
I’m posting another Christmas in July project.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
The current host code is: FB7TWQ63. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.