Happy Friday! For this week’s post, I am featuring the Beauty of the Earth Suite. The Beauty of the Earth Suite includes the Beauty of Friendship Bundle, the Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper and the Bark 3D Embossing Folder. Today’s cards are two of the designs from Playtime with Paper team member and Peach State Stamper, Linda Edwards. Each card showcases the aptly named Beauty of the Earth Suite. I’m calling the first card a “panel card” and the second card a “thinking of you card”. Below each card, I’ll share a few details for creating each.
Tips for creating the Beauty of the Earth “Panel” Card:
- Select the desired Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper that you wish to use as the long panel and cut a panel 1″ x 4-1/4″. Using the designer series paper as your guide, select a coordinating color for your card base and the layer for adhering the panels. For this sample, Misty Moonlight cardstock has been selected. Cut card base (5-1/2″ x 11″, score & fold at 4-1/4″) and panel layer 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″.
- Using Basic White Cardstock (CS), cut the following pieces: 5-1/4″ x 4″; 3″ x 2-1/8″; 1-1/2″ x 2-1/8″.
- To add texture to the large piece of Basic White cardstock, texture emboss using the Bark 3D Embossing Folder. Next, attach to the card base using a strong adhesive.
- Next, stamp the sentiment and the tree onto the remaining Basic White CS panels.
- Attach the Beauty of the Earth DSP panel and the stamped panels to the base color cardstock layer.
- Wrap Linen Thread around the DSP panel three (3) times and attach to the back of the cardstock. Tie a small bow with the Linen Thread & attach to the wrapped threads using a glue dot. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to add layer to the card base atop the bark embossed layer.
- Complete the card front by die cutting a bird using the Beautiful Trees Dies. Add to the card front using a glue dot.
Now for the Beauty of Earth “Thinking of You” card:
Tips for creating:
- Create the card base using Thick Basic White cardstock (5-1/2″ x 11″, score & fold at 4-1/4″).
- Cut Bumblebee cardstock(CS) panel 5-1/4″ x 4″. Using the splotch stamp from the Beauty of Friendship Stamp Set & Bumblebee Ink Pad, stamp on the upper right & lower left corners. Attach to the card base.
- A panel of Early Espresso is cut 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ and texture embossed using the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder (or use the Bark 3D Embossing Folder)
- The background panel (4″ x 3″) for the tree is cut from the Beauty of the Earth DSP. For the grass, use a Blender Brush to apply Old Olive ink to the lower portion of the panel. Stamp the ground area using Early Espresso. Layer the panels onto the card – refer to the card photo to note how to place the panels.
- Using the Beautiful Tree Dies, cut the tree base & leaves from the Beauty of the Early DSP. With adhesive, add the tree base to the background DSP layer. Next, add the leaves panel to the tree base using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Embellish the card by die cutting two birds from a scrap of Bumblebee cardstock and attach to the tree with glue dots.
- Finish by stamping the Thinking of You sentiment from the stamp set onto a scrap of Basic White CS and cut with the coordinating die. Place it atop a strip of Early Espresso Faux Suede Trim and attach to the card front.
After seeing these two cards, don’t you want to add the Beauty of the Earth Suite to your “must have” list? I know I did!!! Thank you Linda for these gorgeous card designs featuring the Beauty of the Earth Suite. You can see more of Linda’s creativity at Crafty Heron Designs.
JUST A FEW REMINDERS…
Hurry only 5 days remain! The Last Chance Product Sale ends on June 30. Click here to check out the Last Chance Products.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Remember for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
The current host code is: BRA2WKZ2. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
In today’s post, I am featuring cards highlighting two methods for coloring Designer Series Paper. For one of the cards in the July “to go” card class, participants were able to color the background of the Peony Garden Designer Series Paper. The Peony Garden Designer Series Paper provides perfect designs to color. For coloring the designer series paper, Stampin’ Blends Markers and Watercolor Pencils can be used. To ensure a fair comparison of the two methods, Calypso Coral and Granny Apple Green have been chosen. On both cards, the peony flowers become the feature on the designer series paper by coloring the background and the leaves.
The first card features the Calypso Coral Light and Granny Apple Green Light Stampin’ Blends Markers. The Stampin’ Blends Markers provide a bright background for the peony flowers on the Designer Series Paper.
The card below uses the Calypso Coral and the Granny Apple Green Watercolor Pencils for shading the background and the leaves. Since the designer series paper is not designed to watercolor, no water is used. Instead the watercolor pencils are being used like a coloring pencil.
Notice the background using the Watercolor Pencils provides a more subtle color and areas have shading. This is due to variation in the amount of pressure when coloring with the watercolor pencils. Note: Due to lighting with my photo, the shading is more pronounced than when actually viewing the card.
- Color the leaves first. Once the leaves have color added, it becomes easier to separate the background from the flowers.
- When coloring with the watercolor pencils, use a small circular coloring motion vs straight line coloring. This method provides a smoother appearance.
- Option: Use an eraser and gently erase areas of the watercolor pencil are heaviest. (Personally, I think the variation in shading looks good.)
Hopefully, I have inspired you to try coloring designer series paper. Have fun experimenting with different papers and coloring tools! In addition to coloring the background, you may want to just color specific images. The possibilities are almost endless!
Stampin’ Up! is making it even better to order this month…check out the Bonus Days info below.
To take advantage of Bonus Days, be sure to place your order on or before, August 3, 2020.
Also, the July 3D Tutorial Bundle is still available!
Would you like the July 3D Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the July 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and July 31, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE. Note: be sure to register and allow me to contact you so I receive notice of your order and can send the tutorial.
2. Purchase the July 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE!
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy crafting…
Happy Monday! Today I am sharing an Ornate Style floral bouquet featuring the large floral spray from the Ornate Style Cling Stamp Set. This stamp set is one of the products in the Ornate Garden Suite Early Release. The floral image begs to be colored with markers or using watercolor techniques. For today’s card, Stampin’ Blends Markers are used.
- Create card base using Rococo Rose (5-1/2″ x 11″, score at 4-1/4″ and fold).
- For second layer, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock (5-1/4″ x 4″) and texture emboss using the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. Attach to card base with strong adhesive.
- Stamp the sentiment, Thinking of You, in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto a 1/2″ x 4″ strip of Whisper White cardstock. The sentiment is from the Colorful Seasons Stamp Set. Next, layer the sentiment piece onto a 4″ x 3/4″ strip of Rococo Rose cardstock. Set aside to add to card after adding the floral piece.
- Using Tuxedo Black Memento ink, stamp the large floral onto a 4″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- With paper snips, fussy cut the floral spray leaving a small border (approximately 1/8″). Color around the border and outline of flowers using the Smoky Slate Light Stampin’ Blends Marker.
- Color the flowers and leaves using the following Stampin’ Blends Markers: Rococo Rose Light & Dark, Daffodil Delight Light, Balmy Blue Light & Dark, Old Olive Light & Dark
- Attach the floral to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals, then add the sentiment piece using a strong adhesive.
- Using the Smoky Slate Light Stampin’ Marker to color a piece of Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon. Tie into a small bow and add to sentiment using a Mini Glue Dot.
- To complete the card front, embellish the small flower centers with Basic Rhinestone Jewels.
And, don’t forget to embellish the card interior!
Coloring with the Stampin’ Blends Markers takes me back to being a child and coloring with crayons. There’s something therapeutic about coloring!
The Ornate Style Stamp Set and the entire Ornate Garden Suite is full of wonderful crafting products. Take advantage of the Early Release and have fun coloring and creating beautiful projects. Links for the Ornate Style stamp set, the bundle and the Ornate Garden Suite are under the Project Materials section.
Thank you for stopping by today and happy crafting!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for May is R929JEAV. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labeled Host Code. Thank you!
Today I’m featuring a Thinking of You with a Wild Rose card in a neutral color scheme. The neutral color palette uses Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla. One of my favorite stamp bundles in the Annual Catalog is the To A Wild Rose Bundle so naturally, it was easy to select it to use for the card. The bundle includes the To A Wild Rose Stamp Set and the coordinating Wild Rose Dies. A lacy Bird Ballad Laser Cut Card creates the beautiful base. Be sure to check out the Bird Ballad Laser Cut Cards. They include coordinating envelopes and a beautiful storage tin.
Isn’t this Thinking of You with a Wild Rose a gorgeous card?
Additional Card Details:
- For the panel behind the lacy card front, cut a 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Crumb Cake cardstock. Adhere by using multipurpose liquid glue along edges of the lacy panel.
- Stamp the flower from To A Wild Rose onto a 2-3/4″ square of Very Vanilla cardstock using Crumb Cake and Soft Suede Classic Ink Pads. Cut using the coordinating die.
- For the leaves, stamp using Crumb Cake onto scraps of Very Vanilla cardstock. Cut using coordinating die. Note: 2 sets of leaves are used
- Select the Thinking of You sentiment from the Rooted in Nature Stamp set. Stamp onto Very Vanilla cardstock and cut with the stitched label die in the Wild Rose Dies.
- Attach the sentiment to the card base using Snail Adhesive. Add the leaves to the wild rose using mini glue dots. Then, add the sentiment to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Complete the card front by embellishing the center of the wild rose with Gold Metallic Pearls and adding a double bow tied using Linen Thread.
WANT MORE SAVINGS ON YOUR ORDERS? WOULD YOU LIKE EARLY ACCESS TO THE HOLIDAY CATALOG?
BETTER HURRY, THIS PROMO ENDS TOMORROW
Now is a good time to join Stampin’ Up! with the EXTRA! EXTRA! promotion. From now through tomorrow, Saturday, August 31, you will receive additional dollars to put toward bonus products in your Starter Kit. THEN, you’ll receive a $10 coupon code to use the following month. The bonus at initial sign up allows you to select $30 more than usual. You will pay $99 to sign up and choose $155 worth of Stampin’ Up! products in your Starter Kit. Plus, as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, you will have online access to the Holiday Catalog and can even select items for your Starter Kit from the Holiday Catalog. The coupon code you receive is valid until October 31, 2019 so you can use it when ordering products from the Annual or the Holiday Catalog. Click here to read more details and join the fun!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend.Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for August is: CZ9HMVB2. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!