It seems like creating fun treats for kids is not only fun but so rewarding. Seeing the little smile on the face of a child can almost melt your heart and probably make your day. Just remember that if you have children or grandchildren still in school, they will always have a reason to bring in treats maybe three times a year. I have probably done dozens over the years because I love hand made gifts. Therefore, it’s certainly nice to have a plan so you are ready.
Everyone Can Help When Creating Fun Treats
Above all, get the kids involved rather than doing it for them. That’s when using fun products is certainly essential. Get them excited about what you are making because when they help, the pride they have is even more rewarding. For that reason alone, the Animal Outing stamp set is the perfect stamp set for such an event. So, I have a special project to share with you using this stamp set. What do you think of the adorable giraffe below? The treat box is perfect to give to a teacher, counselor or adult figure. Another great idea is a party favor due to the amount of parties you could potentially be involved in each year when you have children. It honestly seems like there are even more animal themed parties popping up now more than ever.
Rather than just post the picture, I also have the ingredients and directions to create the treat box so you can see the steps.
• Animal Outing Stamp Set
• Lemon Lime Twist • Whisper White • Shaded Spruce
• Memento Tuxedo Black Ink • Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends • Dark Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends
Punches & Dies:
• 2 ½” Circle Punch • Leaf Punch • Layering Circles Framelits (use the 2nd largest Scalloped Circle)
• 5/8” Burlap Ribbon • Kraft Pillow Boxes
Directions for Project
1. Due to the coloring involved use Memento Tuxedo Black ink, stamp giraffe onto Whisper White Cardstock and color using the Stampin’ Blends. Also, cut using the 2 ½” circle punch.
2. Cut the Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock using the scalloped circle thinlit and punch leaves from Shaded Spruce Cardstock.
3. Assemble the Kraft Pillow Box.
4. Cut a 6” strip of Burlap Ribbon and cut between each of the strands approximately 2” on each end. Separate strands. Attach to top of box with adhesive.
5. Using desired adhesive, attach leaves to back of stamped giraffe circle and layer onto the Lemon Lime Twist scalloped circle.
6. Finally, attach assembled tag to pillow box overlapping the burlap strip. Enjoy creating fun treats of your own!