It’s that time in the Stampin’ Up! year when efforts to use retiring papers occurs. The 2020-2021 Annual Catalog release in on June 3 so it’s time to make room for new products. Today’s card features the retiring Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper. Sorry to see this paper go as it’s been one of my favorites. This card was one of the May class “to go” cards and highlights the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper. For details on creating this simple card but cheerful card, continue reading. Card Materials:
- Base: Petal Pink 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″ and fold
- “retiring” Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper (DSP)
- Layer 1: Floral Design – 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Layer 2: Polka Dot Design – 3: x 4-1/4″
- Fussy cut a bird for the card from the DSP
- Whisper White cardstock: 2-3/4″ x 2-1/2″ for the label and 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the interior
- So Sentimental Bundle (So Sentimental Stamp Set & Stitched So Sweetly Dies)
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Mossy Meadow Linen Thread (from the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack
- Frosted Flower Embellishments
- Snail Adhesive
- Mini Glue Dots
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
Card Directions & Assembly:
- Attach the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper, Layers 1 & 2, to the Petal Pink card base.
- Stamp the “Thank You” sentiment from the So Sentimental Stamp Set onto the 2-3/4″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. After stamping, cut using the coordinating die from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies.
- Add sentiment label to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals, then add the bird to the right side of the label. NOTE: You may need to add a Stampin’ Dimensional to the side of the bird that overhangs the label.
- With the Old Olive Baker’s Twine, tie a double string bow. Attach to the sentiment label using a mini glue dot.
- Add a frosted flower as a final embellishment.
Be sure to check the Last-Chance Products list and grab your favorites. The final day to order the last-chance products is June 2 or while supplies last. Take note: the Bird Ballad DSP, Magnolia Ribbon Combo and Frosted Flower Embellishments are discounted!!!
Thank you for stopping by today and happy crafting!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for May is R929JEAV. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labeled Host Code. Thank you!
One of the stamp sets in the upcoming 2019-2020 Annual Catalog is the New Wonders Distinktive Stamp Set. This stamp set is available for Hosts to purchase. When I saw the set in the catalog, I knew it was one to add to my collection. It has three fairies (at least, that’s what I’m calling them) and some great sentiments. The Distinktive Stamps add dimension and photo quality to the fairy images. Fortunately, I was able to pre-order the stamp set. You can order from the catalog starting on June 4. Since this set is exclusive for hosting a party, gather your friends and schedule an online stamp party with me. With qualifying sales, you can purchase the set plus earn Stampin’ Rewards to spend on other products.
Today, I have note card with a sneak peak of a couple of the stamps from the New Wonders set. Since I am trying to deplete my stash of retiring designer series paper, I am using the 6″ x 6″ Subtles Designer Series Paper pack. Since the Designer Series Paper pack is retiring, order it now while it’s still available. The note card’s base color is Soft Sea Foam. For the note card below, I am using the fairy with the ink pen and the “Just popping in to say…Hi” sentiments. The sentiments are actually two different stamps with the Hi as a separate stamp. The stamp set contains are other sentiments to complete the phrase. A variety of Stampin’ Blends colors bring the fairy to life!
- Attach a piece of 4-3/4″ x 3-1/4″ Soft Sea Foam Designer Series Paper to a Whisper White Note Card using Snail Adhesive.
- Use largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Dies to cut Soft Sea Foam Cardstock.
- Stamp fairy image onto a 3-1/4″ square of Whisper White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. The following Stamping Blends are used: Dress – Light & Dark Soft Sea Foam, Light & Dark Highland Heather; Hair – Light Soft Suede, Light & Dark Daffodil Delight; Face/Hands/Feet – Ivory; Ink Pen – Light & Dark Smoky Slate; Hearts – Light Real Red. Use the Stampin’ Blends Color Lifter to add highlights. Or select your favorite Stampin’ Blend colors!
- To highlight the wings on the fairy, color them with Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen.
- Cut using the Layering Circles Dies. After cutting, adhere to the Soft Seafoam stitched circle with adhesive.
- Adhere to front of card with adhesive.
- Stamp sentiments onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Note: use the Stamparatus for ease in placement and stamping of the phrase. Cut the sentiment with the label die from the Perfect Parcel Dies (this is also in the 2019-2020 Catalog).
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment to the card.
- Color a strip of 1/8″ Whisper White Sheer Ribbon using the Dark Sea Foam Stampin’ Blends. Let dry for a few minutes before tying into a bow. Attach bow to card using mini glue dots.
The full list of project materials is at the end of this post.
Note: The last day to order the 6″ x 6″ Subtles Designer Series Paper is June 3 or while supplies last so don’t delay. The New Wonders Distinktive Stamp Set and the Perfect Parcel Dies are available starting on June 4.
Contact me if you wish to host a party and add the New Wonders stamp set to your collection.
Thanks for stopping by. Questions welcomed.
Project Materials (click to order)
Stampin’ Up! released the retiring list today and it’s time to say Good Bye to retiring favorites. To see the list of items, click here. Be sure to act quickly as items are available while supplies last. Items such as the retiring In-Colors and ink refills are usually the first items that sell out. It’s a great time to order retiring embellishments too. A long time favorite stamp set is also retiring – Lovely As A Tree. If you don’t have this classic stamp set, you’ll want to be sure to add it to your collection.
But as all things come to an end, new will be coming our way on June 4th. While at conference this weekend, I received the catalog early and WOW – love the new products. Over the next few weeks, I’ll share some of the products that demonstrators attending were able to order early. Below is the catalog…notice all the pages that I have flagged?! Told you I love the new products and look forward to the date that I can order more items from the catalog.
Be sure to follow me on Facebook and watch my Facebook Live this week. I will be demonstrating a quick and easy Easter Treat project.
Thanks for stopping by today!
The Retiring Products have been announced. The Retired List’s for the 2017-2018 annual catalog are now available. Although I’m sad to see so many great products leave us, the new catalog will be live on June 1st with a bunch of brand new products to add to your collection. You can view the list below or in my online store and take a look at all that is available. Make sure to check for all your favorites. The stamp sets will be available through May 25th, after that they will all be while supplies last.
The accessories are only while supplies last. Most of the retiring colors will probably go fast. I suggest getting any refills you would like for your current colors. Also make sure to check the Clearance Rack and take advantage of those deals as well. It’s great when you can stock up for less. There are two lists. One is for the Annual catalog and one is for the Occasions catalog, so check both lists.
You can click the flyers above or visit my online store to see all the retiring products. Make sure to act fast because products sell out fast and most of them are on a first come first serve basis. Stampin’ Up! keeps the list updated each day so you always know if the products have sold out. The end of the month is coming soon and remember, June 1st is the release of the new 2018-2019 Annual Catalog. The Stamparatus will be released in the new catalog so if you were not able to get it during the pre order a few months ago, you can get it once the new catalog goes live. If you have any questions about the Retiring Products or the new catalog release, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I am happy to answer any questions.
Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!