Before I share my project using the Best Catch Stamp Set, I want to first check in to see how you’re doing? Have you remained healthy? Are you adjusting to the guidelines for dealing with the pandemic? I hope the answers are positive. For me it’s certainly been an adjustment. My grandson, Alex,has online school and since both parents are still working, I have been helping out as teacher’s aide and staying in Atlanta. Since we’re practicing limited contact, Alex stays with me during the week before going home for the weekend. Then, I head out of Atlanta to our home from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. Then back to Atlanta for another week of school. It’s been great bonding time but I do miss be able to go into my craft cave. Plus I miss the monthly card classes and spending time sharing my passion for paper crafting with others. This weekend, I am burying myself in my craft cave and hope to complete additional projects to share with you.
Today’s card a great masculine card featuring the Best Catch Stamp Set and coordinating Catch of the Day Dies. Since my youngest son enjoys fishing, I knew the set would be perfect to create a card for his recent birthday. The High Tide Stamp Set offers the perfect stamp for creating the water and shoreline.
- Card base: Old Olive cardstock 4-1/4″ x 11″, score at 5-1/2″ and fold.
- Second Layer: Crumb Cake cardstock 4″ x 5-1/4″. Texture emboss using the Basket Weave 3D Embossing Folder. Attach to the card base.
- Card front layer: Whisper White cardstock 3-3/4″ x 5″. With the shoreline stamp from the High Tide Stamp Set, stamp along the lower edge of the card using Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad.
- Next, create the “water” with the High Tide Stamp Set using Seaside Spray Classic Stampin’ Pad. Stamp approximately half way up the card piece. Create the sky by using a sponge dauber to lightly add the Seaside Spray ink to the remainder of the card. Attach to the embossed Crumb Cake layer using a strong adhesive.
- Using the cattails die from Catch of the Day Dies and from Friendly Silhouettes Dies, to cut Whisper White cardstock. (Note: you can cut multiples of cattails from the Catch of the Day if you do not have the Friendly Silhouettes dies). Color the cattails using the light and dark Mossy Meadow blends, the Color Lifter and the Soft Suede Dark Blends. Add to card using mini glue dots.
For the Fish:
On a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the fish using Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad. Color the fish using the following Stampin’ Blends: Mossy Meadow Light, Soft Sea Foam Light, Old Olive Light, Calypso Coral Light. If desired, use the Color Lifter to lighten areas. Lightly wash over the fish with Clear Wink of Stella. Cut the fish using the coordinating Catch of the Day die. Next, add the fish to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment using Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and cut using the 1-1/2″ circle punch. TIP: look at photo for placement of the sentiment – punch so sentiment is on lower right part of the circle so you have room to add the fishing hat. Add to card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use Soft Suede to stamp the hat outline and color with the Soft Suede Light Blends. After coloring, cut using the coordinating die from Catch of the Day Dies and attach to the sentiment using Mini Glue Dots.
Lastly, don’t forget the envelope! Stamp the fishing basket onto the front with Soft Suede and color using the Soft Suede Light Stampin’ Blends. TIP: to prevent the ink from bleeding through the envelope, insert a piece of scrap paper or post-it note before stamping and coloring.
It was lots of fun creating this card and I have plans to use the Best Catch set again for another male relative.
Be sure to leave me a comment and let me know how you’re coping to the social distancing guidelines. What projects are you working on?
Thank you for stopping by today and happy crafting!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for April is YKAF2FU2. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labeled Host Code. Thank you!
It’s time to set sail! One of the samples displayed at the Open House features the Sailing Home bundle which includes the Sailing Home Stamp Set and matching Smooth Sailing Dies. In addition, the coordinating Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper and Sail Away Trinkets complete the card. One of my favorite sayings in the stamp set is highlighted on the card sample. The sentiment is perfect for a recent graduate or for anyone starting an new adventure. The saying is a reminder that it is time to set sail and follow your dreams! Also,The Sailing Home Bundle is a perfect for creating masculine themed cards.
- Card Base: Night of Navy cardstock (4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″ for top fold card); 1-3/4″ x 3-3/4″; small scrap to die cut rope
- Whisper White: 4″ x 5-1/4″ – cut 2 – one for front layer and one for interior; 1-1/2″ x 3-3/4″ for sentiment; scrap to stamp and cut sailboat
- Designer Series Paper: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- With Night of Navy Classic Ink Pad, stamp sentiment onto Whisper White cardstock strip. Refer to photo of card for placement.
- Stamp the sailboat onto scrap of Whisper White cardstock with the Night of Navy Classic Ink Pad. Use coordinating sailboat die to cut the sailboat.
- Use rope die to cut the rope from a scrap of Night of Navy cardstock.
- Assemble card layers using Snail Adhesive.
- Attach sailboat to side of sentiment using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Embellish by using mini glue dots to add the die cut rope and the boat steering wheel from the Sail Away Trinkets.
Remember, you can view the catalog online by clicking on the catalog in the sidebar. Or contact me (CreativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com) if you desire a printed copy.
Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!
Project Materials (click on product to order)
This week marks our wedding anniversary and when I saw The Meant to Be Bundle in the Occasions Catalog, I knew it would be the perfect to use for creating a special card for my husband. The sentiments and Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies offer countless combinations for making a variety of cards expressing loving feelings. A color palette of Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake and Whisper White gives the card a more masculine appearance. Notice the background and the white heart? Texture on both comes from the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF). For a couple of months, this embossing folder sat idle in my craft room. Now I can’t seem to use it enough! The embossing folder gives the card that “little extra” touch.
Of course, the card interior and the envelope need a special touch to coordinate with the card.
Card Exterior Directions:
- To create base, cut Crumb Cake cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score in center at 4-1/4″ and fold.
- Continue building card layers. Adhere a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Balmy Blue to the card base.
- Cut Whisper White cardstock 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″. Emboss with the Subtle Dynamic TIEF. Use strong adhesive to attach to the Balmy Blue card layer.
- Select heart dies from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies. Cut large heart from a 3″ x 3-1/4″ piece Crumb Cake cardstock. The floral open heart is cut from a 2-1/2″ square of Balmy Blue cardstock.
- Use a 2-1/4″ square of Whisper White cardstock to cut the stitched heart. After cutting, texture emboss with the Subtle Dynamic TIEF.
- For the small hearts, use a 1-1/2″ x 4″ strip of Balmy Blue cardstock and the multiple hearts die.
- Use a strong adhesive to attach the 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon to the card.
- Stamp “Happy Anniversary” (from Beautiful Bouquet Stamp Set) using Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad onto a 1/2″ x 3″ strip of Whisper White cardstock. Cut a V-notch at the end of the strip and layer on top of the burlap ribbon. Add a small blue heart near the notched end.
- Complete card front by layering the cut valentines. Attach using Stampin’ Dimensionals and mini-glue dots.
- Finish embellishment on card front by adding a triple layer Linen Thread bow.
Card Interior and Envelope Embellishment:
- Stamp the floral heart from the Meant to Be Cling Stamp Set using Balmy Blue Classic Stampin Pad onto 5-1/4″ x 4″ Whisper White cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment inside of the heart using Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad. Attach to card interior using Snail adhesive.
- Use multipurpose liquid glue to attach a 2-1/2″ x 6″ piece of Crumb Cake DSP to the flap of a Whisper White Medium Envelope. Allow glue to dry. Then using paper snips, trim around the flap edge. Place a small heart in Balmy Blue cardstock to the flap. The Crumb Cake DSP is from the Neutrals 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper pack.
Lots of love went into creating this special card and my husband loved the card! Hope I have provided you with the inspiration you need to create a card for that “special” someone in your life. You’ll find a list of the project materials at the end of this post.
Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to subscribe to receive an email of my posts. Look for them each Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Download the Annual Catalog
Download the Occasions Catalog and see all the new products
Visit the Clearance Rack for unadvertised specials
Sign up for my newsletter
10% Off Coordinating Product Bundles