Today’s product features Happy Easter Gift Tags that came about by sorting through products on the shelves in my stamp room. Have you ever wanted to make a project only to realize you did not have a stamp set with the sentiment or images for the theme? That’s exactly what happened to me when deciding to create an Easter project – no bunnies, no chicks, no Happy Easter sentiment stamps. So, it was time to get inventive and creative with products that I had available! After some searching, I was able to create a sentiment using word dies and found stamp sets that could fit the theme. Plus, scraps of cardstock were used for most of the project which is always a win-win. What do you think of the “outside the box” ideas for Easter themed gift tags?
Happy Easter Gift Tags Project Materials:
- Word Wishes Dies (149629)
- Hey Birthday Chick Cling Stamp Set (154464)
- Birthday Chick Dies (158200)
- Birds & Branches Stamp Set (158281)
- Birds & Mores Dies (152721)
- Tailor Made Tags Dies (155563)
- Flirty Flamingo Cardstock (141416): 1-1/2” x 4” (for a single tag)
- Basic White Cardstock (159276): 2-1/4” x 4” for each tag base plus scrap pieces for stamping hens, chick, eggs
- Scrap pieces of following: Very Vanilla Cardstock (101650), Crumb Cake Cardstock (120593) & Granny Apple Green Cardstock (146990)
- Stampin’ Blends: Daffodil Delight (154883); Pumpkin Pie (154897); Poppy Parade (154958); Bermuda Bay (154878)
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad (132708)
- Granny Apple Green Classic Stampin’ Pad (147095)
- Sahara Sand Classic Stampin’ Pad (147117)
- Sponge Dauber (133773)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Mini Glue Dots (103683)
- Stampin’ Seal (152813)
- Optional Materials:
- Using the largest of the Tailor Made Tags Dies, cut the tag base from Basic White Cardstock.
- Die cut the words, Happy & Easter (using the Word Wishes Dies), from Flirty Flamingo cardstock. Optional: prior to cutting the cardstock, add a piece of Adhesive Sheet to the cardstock. This makes it easy to attach to the tag.
- Next, stamp one hen and two chick images onto scraps of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad.
- Color the hen using the following Stampin’ Blends: body – Daffodil Delight Light & Dark, beak – Pumpkin Pie Dark, Comb & Wattle – Poppy Parade Light.
- Color the chick using the following Stampin’ Blends: Body – Daffodil Delight Light, beak & legs/feet – Pumpkin Pie Light, hat – Bermuda Bay Light
- Using the nest stamp from the Birds & Branches Stamp Set, stamp the nest onto a scrap of Granny Apple Green cardstock using Granny Apple Green Classic Stampin’ Pad – stamp off once before stamping onto the cardstock.
- Use coordinating dies from the Birthday Chick Dies to die cut the stamped hen/chick images and the fence from a scrap of Crumb Cake cardstock.
- With the Birds & More Dies, cut the stamped birds nest and and 3 eggs from a scrap of Very Vanilla Cardstock.
- Use a sponge dauber to lightly apply Sahara Sand to the edges of each of the die cut eggs.
- OPTIONAL: using Blending Brushes, color a sky using Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin’ Pad and color grass using Granny Apple Green Classic Stampin’ Pad.
Assembly of tags:
- For the Hen/Chick tag: Add the Happy Easter to the top section of the tag leaving room for the hen. Next, attach the fence to the lower portion of the tag. Finish by adding the Hen and Chick with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For the Chick/eggs in nest tag: Add the Happy Easter to the top section of the tag. Adhere the nest to the bottom of the tag leaving a gap at the top to insert the eggs. Then, trim the overhanging section of the nest so that sides and bottom are even with the tag. Insert the eggs into the next using Mini Glue Dots to hold in place. Complete by adding the chick with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Note: many of the products for these tags are on the recently released Last Chance Products list (i.e. retiring products). Be sure to check out the list and order the items while they’re still available. Plus, many of the dies are on SALE!!! Products are only available while quantities last or until May 2, 2022.
And if an item is no longer available – get creative and see what you can use as a substitute!
You can view all the retiring products here.
The Savings in Bloom Promotion offers 20% savings on the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and select compatible bundles. Click here to see items in the promotion.
The Waves of the Ocean promotion is ongoing until May 2, 2022.
This coastal collection includes an inspiring set of stamps and detailed dies, both early-release products from the upcoming 2022–2023 Annual Catalog. Plus, a pack of paper made from images of hand-poured paint, blue-hued foil sheets for a sea of shine, and radiant rhinestones for a splash of sparkle—each an exclusive product you can only purchase during the promotion period!
Explore artistic expression with the Waves of the Ocean Collection.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Just a reminder: for orders over $150 you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
The current host code is: YGBNKCVM (good until April 5, 2022). Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.