Today’s card is the result of an idea that’s been floating in my mind since the release of the Mini Catalog. I thought it would be fun to create a card with the theme of “Lipstick on A Pig” combining the Dressed to Impress and This Little Piggy Stamp sets. And of course, the color of Lovely Lipstick has to be used. It’s amazing how quickly my design vision came together! Below is my “lipstick on a pig”card:
Details so you can create “Lipstick on a Pig”:
- For the card base, cut Petal Pink cardstock (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″). Score at 4-1/4″ and fold.
- Second layer is a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Top layer uses a piece of 5″ x 3-3/4″ Best Dressed Designer Series Paper.
For the pig:
- Cut a piece of 3″ x 4-1/2″ piece of Whisper White cardstock using the Stitched Nested Labels dies.
- Select pig stamp from the This Little Piggy Stamp Set. Cover the sentiment below the pig using a small post-it note. With the post-it note in place, ink the pig stamp with Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad. Remove the post-it note and stamp the pig on the right side of the Whisper White Stitched Label cardstock piece.
- Color the pig body using the Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends Markers. Use the Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends Marker to color the pig’s hooves. Light Old Olive Stampin’ Blends Marker colors the grass and the Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends Marker colors the ground around the pig.
- Use the “kisses” stamp from This Little Piggy Stamp Set to add kisses on the pig’s body. TIP: Instead of using the ink pad, use the Lovely Lipstick Stampin’ Write Marker to color each of the kisses and stamp onto pig. This prevents over-inking the stamp.
- Next, stamp the sentiment, Hello Gorgeous, from the Dressed to Impress Stamp Set onto the label using the Lovely Lipstick Classic Stampin’ Pad. Then, attach label to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the tube of lipstick using Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad onto a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock. Color with using the Lovely Lipsticks Stampin’ Blends Markers and the Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends Markers. Use the Color Lifter to assist with shading on the tube portion.
- Cut the lipstick tube using the coordinating die from the All Dressed Up Dies. Add to the card using Mini Glue Dots.
- Complete the card by adding a small bow using the Petal Pink Metallic-Edge Ribbon to the edge of the label.
Have fun creating your own “lipstick on a pig” card!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for April is YKAF2FU2. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labeled Host Code. Thank you!