The Christmas Wishes Holiday Card features the Leaves of Holly Bundle from the Stampin’ Up! July-December 2022 Mini Catalog. It is one of the cards from November’s Holiday Card To-Go Class. In my monthly Card Class To-Go Kits, all papers are pre-cut, including die cuts or punch shapes, so recipients are able to assemble the cards following the card video instructions. The kits do not include the stamped images. Typically, I select a bundle or product suite as the focus. This allows recipients to purchase the featured stamp set or bundle to use for stamping. And of course, substitution with a stamp set already owned can be used.
However for the holiday card class, a variety of bundles were used. It was just too difficult to select one! This required card designs with minimal stamping of sentiments. Since one of my favorite holiday sets is the Leaves of Holly Bundles, I “had” to include a card featuring the bundle:) The dies made it easy to create the Christmas Wishes holiday card! In lieu of stamping the holly leaves, the dies cut the layering pieces for the holly and the holly berries. By die cutting two cardstock colors, it was easy to achieve shading. And the sentiment from the Leaves of Holly Bundle could be used or changed to another favorite holiday sentiment.
Project Materials for the Christmas Wishes Holiday Card:
- Leaves of Holly Bundle
- Boughs of Holly Designer Series Paper: 5-1/4″ x 4″ layering panel; 6″ x 2-1/2″ for envelope
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, score/fold at 4-1/4″ for card base
- Basic White Cardstock: 4-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ layering panel; 5-1/4″ x 4″ for interior; scrap for sentiment
- Old Olive Cardstock: 3-1/2″ x 4″ for holly leaves base
- Mossy Meadow Cardstock: 3-1/2″ x 4″ for holly leaves overlays
- Real Red Cardstock use scrap pieces for holly berries
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock use scrap pieces for holly berries
- Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Glimmer Specialty Paper – Gold and Evening Evergreen scraps
- Gold & Vanilla Satin-Edged Ribbon
- Adhesive Sheets
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine or Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Mini Glue Dots
The in-person class was able to use the same bundle. However, the holly leaves and berries were stamped then die cut. That’s what’s wonderful with the Leaves of Holly Bundle, you can stamp the images or just die cut cardstock to create a beautiful card.
For the next several weeks, additional holiday projects will be share so be sure to subscribe to my posts. Plus I’ll be posting info on the January Card Kit To-Go soon! It will feature a new bundle from the new Mini Catalog.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program:
Thank you for shopping with me. Be sure to track your orders on my Customer Loyalty form.
Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Just a reminder: for orders over $150 you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Again, thank you for placing your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by. Happy Crafting!
Shop here for Project Materials:
Today’s card, In the Pines Season’s Greetings, is a simple stamping card that can be assembled quickly. The In The Pines Bundle contains the In the Pines Stamp Set and the Pine Woods Dies providing a variety of products for your creations. Not only is the bundle appropriate for holiday cards, it is great to use for nature inspired card themes.
- In the Pines Bundle
- Shaded Spruce cardstock: 4-1/4” x 11” – score at 5-1/2” and fold for card base; 4” x 5-1/4” (layer 1)
- Whisper White cardstock: 4-3/8” x 3-1/8” (layer 2); 3-1/2” x 2-3/4” for tree oval; ½” x 3” for sentiment banner
- Classic Christmas 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper: Shaded Spruce design 4-1/4” x 3”
- Oval Layering Dies (2nd largest)
- Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
- Banner Pick A Punch
- Shaded Spruce Classic Ink Pad
- Gold Twine (from Wonder of the Season Ribbon Pack) – 8”
- Stampin’ Seal
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Glue Dots
Directions for the In The Pines Season’s Greetings card:
- Texture emboss the 5-1/4” x 4” Shaded Spruce cardstock using the Subtle 3D texture embossing folder. Attach to the card base front using strong adhesive.
- Layer the designer series paper atop the Whisper White cardstock. Attach to the texture embossed layer near the top of the embossed piece – leave room to add the sentiment banner.
- Select pine tree die from the Pine Woods Dies and cut pine from Whisper White cardstock. Die cut tree in the center of the oval. Attach to designer series paper using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment onto strip of Whisper White cardstock using Shaded Spruce Classic Ink Pad. Punch ends to create banner. Attach to card using dimensionals.
- Embellish tree trunk at base with a gold twine bow (attach with glue dot).
Using this basic design, you can change the colors, switch the pattern of designer series paper to create an entirely different look. I’ll be sharing more cards using the In The Pines Bundle so be sure to follow my blog.
Curvy Celebrations is underway! The Quite Curvy Variety Bundle is now available for you to order. Click here to view the products available.
Beary Comforting Paper Pumpkin Kit – Available for ordering through December 10. Detail and ordering – click here.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (2020-2021 Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Plus for your orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. You can order Project Materials at the bottom of the post or click here to visit my Online Store. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting…
The current host code is: CJSBNX7Z. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Hi everyone! I’ve been MIA the past two weeks and am finally am catching up. Seems time literally flies! Last weekend, Stampin’ Up! hosted OnStage events for demonstrators. Basically it’s mini-conventions held in various locations. One of the highlights of the event is the release of the January-June mini catalog. I’ll be sharing projects from it starting in a couple of weeks.
For me, the Atlanta event location was close so prior the official Stampin’ Up! event, I hosted a one-day Pack & Play Craft Escape for 60 demonstrators. As it was a large undertaken, Joni, one of my Playtime with Paper team members, co-hosted with me. Plus several other team members were able to help assemble the make ‘n take kits prior to the event. The event was definitely worth the extra effort and teamwork as the day was a blast! The Pack & Play Craft Escape provided attendees with eight make ‘n takes. In addition, three guest speakers offered training and additional project ideas.
Below is a photo of the make ‘n takes.
If you would like detailed instructions on making these projects, I have a tutorial available for you to purchase. It includes instructions for 2 cards, 2 gift cards, a wine tag, a hand sanitizer holder, a 3-D mini cup and an embellished Baker’s Box. The cost for the PDF tutorial is $15.00 (US). Email me at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com to purchase the tutorial and I will send you the PayPal payment link. Once payment is received, I’ll email you the PDFs.
Or if you’d like to receive the tutorial for FREE, place an online order for $50 or more between now and December 10th. The order must be placed through my online store. When I receive confirmation of your order, I will email you the tutorial. This is a $15.00 value.
Below are a few photos from the Pack & Play Craft Escape.
It was a fun filled day and I look forward to hosting another Pack & Play Craft Escape!
Thanks for stopping by. I’m back on schedule and will be posting project ideas again this week so check in again.
Have you noticed that I am now in full on Christmas mode?! The past couple of weeks, I have been enjoying creating a variety of Christmas themed cards and projects. Don’t worry though, I still have some Fall theme projects to share with you before the full force of Christmas arrives after Thanksgiving. Today’s post, Brightly Gleaming Merry Christmas, is another make ‘n take card from Stamping Bingo. The card elements include the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper and the Christmas Gleaming Bundle from the Stampin’ Up! 2019 Holiday Catalog. The elements from the Brightly Gleaming Suite are elegant and gorgeous. It is easy to create simple but beautiful projects with the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper and accompanying embellishments. That’s the case with the Brightly Gleaming Merry Christmas Card.
- For the card base, cut Pretty Peacock cardstock at 4-1-4″ x 11″, score at 5-1/2″ and fold on score line.
- The second layer is Very Vanilla cardstock, cut 4″ x 5-1/4″. To add texture, emboss with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. Attach to the card base with adhesive.
- Cut a 3″ x 4-1/4″ piece of the stripe design from the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper. Using a strong adhesive, attach to the center of the Very Vanilla cardstock layer.
- Then use the ornament punch to cut an ornament shape from a coordinating piece of the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper. Attach to a stitched oval cut from Very Vanilla cardstock using the Stitched Shapes Dies. Layer onto a Pretty Peacock cardstock scallop oval cut using the Layering Ovals Dies. Center onto the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For the sentiment, stamp the Merry Christmas from the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set onto a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock using Pretty Peacock Classic Stampin’ Pad. Using paper snips, cut the around the perimeter of the sentiment. Refer to card photo for placement onto the card.
- To finish the card, embellish with the sprigs from the Brightly Gleaming Foil Elements. For the final embellishment, add a bow using the Old Olive/Pretty Peacock Reversible Ribbon.
Also, don’t forget to embellish the card interior…
Hope you enjoyed this project. Thanks for stopping by and check back soon for more inspiration. Happy crafting…
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for November is JBQQM6VR:. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!
At last month’s Shoebox Swap, I was able to make this beautiful Free Skate card. The purpose of the swap was for demonstrators to make and share projects from the Holiday Catalog. We each brought all the precut materials to use for stamping and assembling our design. This allowed us to create a variety of cards in just a couple of hours . Today’s card uses the Free Skate Bundle. The bundle includes the Free Skate Cling Stamp Set and the Detailed Skate Dies. The card also showcases the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper. I would like to thank the card designer, Jamie Lavender, for the beautiful layout and product selection. Isn’t it gorgeous?
- Card base is Pretty Peacock (8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″).
- For the next layer, cut a piece of Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″. Attach to the card base using Snail Adhesive.
- Use the Detailed Skate Dies to cut the skate. The skate base and ties are cut from Pretty Peacock cardstock. The lacy pattern on the skate uses Whisper White cardstock and the skate blades are Gold Foil paper. Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue or the Fine Tip Glue Pen to attach the layers to the skate base.
- Stamp the sentiment using Pretty Peacock Classic Stampin’ Pad onto a 3-1/2″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Use Tuxedo Black Memento Ink to stamp the Holly. Color the holly leaves with the Dark Pretty Peacock Stampin’ Blends.
- Cut the sentiment piece using the Stitched Labels Dies and attach to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
- Add Red Rhinestones to the berries on the holly.
- Finish the card by adding the skate to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Reminder: You can place your order by clicking on the items under Project Materials. During the month of September & October, for every $50 order (before shipping & taxes), you’ll receive a Thank You gift of the Shimmery Crystal Effects from me. Thank you for your support and I appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by…Happy Crafting!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for September is: J96YXBD3. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!