For the next couple of weeks, I will be posting holiday card ideas. This first card features the Merriest Moments Bundle. In addition to the the stamp set and coordinating dies, the bundle includes the Merriest Frames Hybrid Embossing Folder. With the hybrid embossing folder, the die fits into the embossing folder. This creates beautifully textured die-cut images. For the feature card below, the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper is die cut and texture embossed. Notice the texture on the Basic White cardstock? The Merriest Frames Hybrid Embossing Folder is used for it too! For my card, I am using a sentiment from the Tidings & Trimmings Stamp Set in lieu of one from the Merriest Moments Stamp Set. A list of materials is below along with an assembly video to assist you reproduce the card.
- Merriest Moments Bundle
- Card base: Evening Evergreen cardstock (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″)
- Basic White cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-3/8″ (for texture embossed layer); 2-1/4″ x 3-1/2″ for sentiment (cut using Merriest Frames Dies)
- Real Red cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Red Velvet Paper Pack: scrap pieces for cutting mini poinsettias using dies in the Merriest Frames
- Evening Evergreen Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Tidings & Trimming Stamp Set (or use desired sentiment from the Merriest Moments Stamp Set)
- Simply Elegant Trim
- Rhinestone Jewels
- Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Mini Glue Dots
With the Merriest Moments Bundle featuring the Merriest Frames Hybrid Embossing Folder, you’ll be able to create many different card designs so be sure to add it on your “wish list.”
Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to check back next week for another holiday card idea.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Remember for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
Have a great week!
The current host code is: ZWWEXW79 (good until December 3, 2021). Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
For the final Christmas in July project, I have chosen to create an Art in Bloom holiday card. The Art in Bloom Bundle is in the 2021-2022 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. The Art in Bloom Bundle includes the Art in Bloom Photopolymer Stamp Set and the Bloom Hybrid Embossing Folder. Be sure to watch the assembly video below to see how to use Bloom Hybrid Embossing Folder. While the bundle isn’t a holiday design, by using traditional holiday colors of red & green the Art in Bloom Bundle easily transitions to a holiday card. Additionally, using the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper (a returning favorite in the Mini Catalog!) and adding a holiday sentiment completes the card’s theme.
- Art in Bloom Bundle
- Pear Pizzazz Cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″ for card base
- 4″ x 3″
- Basic White Cardstock:
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ – cut 2 (one for embossed layer and one for card interior)
- 4″ x 4″ (for stamping and die cutting)
- scrap (for sentiment)
- Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper (#153492, available for ordering starting on August 3): 3-3/4″ x 2-3/4″
- Mossy Meadow Cardstock – scrap for leaves
- Poinsettia Petals Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Real Red Classic Ink Pad
- Mossy Meadow Classic Ink Pad
- Double Oval Punch
- Red Rhinestone Jewels
- Wink of Stella
- Stampin’ Seal
- Glue Dots
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
Reminders & Other Announcements
Click here to check out the select Designer Series Papers on Sale! Don’t delay, the sale ends on August 2.
And, get your order ready…The July-December Mini Catalog launches on Tuesday, August 3!
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Remember for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your orders.
It’s been fun creating projects for Christmas in July. While this special month of holiday themed projects is ending, be sure to check back next Wednesday to a new project.
The current host code is: FB7TWQ63. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Yes, we still have a few months to go before Christmas arrives but it’s never to early to start planning! Today, I’m sharing a Patchwork Christmas card. Using the Rectangular Postage Stamp punch, a variety of coordinating papers from the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper are cut. The Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper has many patterns in traditional Christmas colors so it’s perfect for creating a patchwork card. The sentiment for the card is chosen from the Tag Buffet Photopolymer Stamp Set.
Card Materials & Details:
- Card base: Real Red cardstock
- Layer 1: Mossy Meadow cardstock (5-1/4″ x 4″)
- Punch eight (8) coordinating pieces of the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper using the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch.
- Randomly arrange the postage stamp pieces onto the Mossy Meadow cardstock layer allowing some to overlap the edges. After adhering in place, trim the edges of the
postage stamps that overlap. NOTE: When arranging the pieces, you will have an open space in the card center – it will be covered by the sentiment label. Also, pay attention and only add adhesive to the portion of the stamp that will be on the Mossy Meadow layer (ask me why?! LOL)
- Use strong adhesive and attach the postage stamp layer to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment onto Whisper White cardstock using Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin’ Pad. Cut shape using the Stitched Nested Labels Dies.
- With Stampin’ Seal, attach the sentiment piece to a Real Red label cut using the next larger size Stitched Nested Labels Dies.
- Attach the label to the card front covering the open space area in the card center. To add lift, attach using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Embellish around the sentiment with red rhinestone jewels.
The Patchwork Christmas Card design is great to use if you’re making multiple cards. Select your favorite coordinating Designer Series Papers and start punching! By varying the placement and paper patterns of the postage shapes, you can create cards that differ slightly. Yet, you’re using the same materials for all of the cards. Select your favorite holiday sentiments to add even more variety. The full list of items used for today’s card is listed at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget if you earned $5 Bonus Days coupon codes last month, August is the month to use them! Redeem them on or before August 31, 2020. Be sure to check out the Online Store by clicking here. When viewing the Online Store, be sure to check in the upper left hand corner for the Shopping With notice. You should see my name listed.
Still available is the August 3D Tutorial Bundle! This month it features the Nothing’s Better Than product bundle. You’ll want to get it before September 1st.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store from now – August 31, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the August 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com so I can send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE!
Thanks for stopping by today! As always, don’t hesitate to contact me via email or in the comments section with any questions regarding the projects presented. Happy crafting…
The host code for August is: JUU2YA39. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). If your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.