Do you find yourself challenged creating design interest on cards? Today’s card may just help. Using a variety of techniques, design interest is being created on the card. First, notice the Daffodil Delight card base. By stamping color on color, it creates design interest. Then, the Misty Moonlight cardstock layer is askew on the card base. In addition, the Misty Moonlight cardstock is texture embossed. Next, a piece of designer series paper is cut into a circle and topped with a sentiment banner piece. That’s a total of five shapes and techniques for creating design interest. While it took me some time to adapt to adding cardstock askew on card fronts, I must admit it does add visual interest and is a nice change from typical card layering techniques.
- Create the card base using a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock. Score at 5-1/2″ and fold.
- Using Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad, stamp the small flowers on the card base front. The flowers are from the Field of Flowers Stamp Set.
- Next, cut a piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock 3-3/4″ x 5″. Texture emboss using the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder (this is becoming a favorite of mine!).
- Then, add the Misty Moonlight embossed layer to the card front placing it askew. After adhering, trim the overhanging cardstock edges.
- With the Layering Circles Dies, cut a coordinating floral print from the Flowers for Every Season 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. Add to the Misty Moonlight cardstock layer. TIP: if you own the retired 2-1/2″ circle punch, use it in lieu of the 2-1/2″ layering circles die especially if you’re short on time!
- On a 3/4″ strip of Whisper White cardstock, use the Banner Punch to create a banner tail on the right side of the strip. Next, stamp the sentiment using Misty Moonlight Classic Stampin’ Pad. The sentiment is found in the Lovely You stamp set. With Stampin’ Dimensionals, add the banner strip to the card front and across the designer series paper circle. If cardstock overhangs on the left side, trim the cardstock so that it’s even with the side of the card.
- To finish the card, add a knotted bow to the side of the sentiment. The knotted bow uses the Daffodil Delight 1/4″ Ruched Ribbon.
Now, it’s your turn to start creating visual interest! Share in the comments section other ideas.
The July 3D Tutorial Bundle is available!
Would you like the July 3D Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the July 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and July 31, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE. Note: be sure to register and allow me to contact you so I receive notice of your order and can send the tutorial.
2. Purchase the July 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE!
Also, Stampin’ Up! is making it even better to order this month…check out the Bonus Days info below.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting…