Do you have friends that enjoy golf? I do! And as a golfer myself, I hear from friends how difficult it is to find golf themed birthday cards especially for females. Today’s project is a female golfer birthday card that was made for a friend’s recent birthday. In the current Mini Catalog from Stampin’ Up!, the Country Club Suite offers a selection of products perfect for creating golf themed cards and projects for both the male and female golfer. Father’s Day will soon be here and I’ll be using the set for a special golf themed card for my husband. The card below features the Country Club Designer Series Paper and the Absolutely Argyle 3D Embossing Folder. Act quickly though, the Country Club Suite is retiring and the last day to order products from the suite is June 2 or while supplies last.
- Crushed Curry Cardstock 4-1/4″ x 11″; score at 5-1/2″ to create card base. Place card front into the Absolutely Argyle 3D Embossing Folder (will be available in the new Annual Catalog) and texture emboss.
- Country Club Designer Series Paper: background layer 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″. NOTE: do not attach to card base yet.
- Country Club Designer Series Paper: select golfer image from paper and cut with a Layering Circles Die.
- Color the golfer image. For the female golfer on the card, the following Stampin’ Blends Markers are used: Ivory (skin), Light Balmy Blue (skirt), Light & Dark Old Olive (trees) Color Lifter (trees), Soft Suede (tree trunks)
- To emphasize the image, Seaside Spray Classic Ink is lightly sponged behind the golfer and trees.
- Sponge a small amount of Garden Green Classic Ink along line of the tree bases to mimic grass.
- Add the golfer circle to the Country Club Designer Series Paper layer so that the right edge overhangs the designer series paper. Turn over and cut the overhanging piece. Refer to card photo noting the right side of circle is cut. Now attach to the card base using a strong adhesive.
- Stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Clubhouse Stamp Set using the Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ Ink Pad onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Cut with coordinating die from the Golf Club Dies. TIP: order the Clubhouse Bundle which includes the stamp set and the dies – you’ll save 10%.
- Next, attach the sentiment to a strip of Garden Green cardstock with Snail adhesive.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, add the sentiment to the card and embellish with small Basic Rhinestone Jewels.
The Country Club Suite will definitely get lots of use in my craft room!
Just a reminder:
Be sure to check the Last-Chance Products list to order products in the Country Club Suite and then you’ll be ready for making a variety of golf themed projects. The final day to order the last-chance products is June 2 or while supplies last.
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for May is R929JEAV. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labeled Host Code. Thank you!