It was time for me to use the Flowering Tulips Bundle so for the recent card class, the theme was All About Tulips. What a fun bundle! And the Flowering Fields Designer Series Paper provides a beautiful backdrop for a variety of card designs. The designer series paper is almost too pretty to cover! For this birthday card, the Flowering Tulips Bundle along with the designer paper creates a beautiful, cheerful card. The Tulips Dies create flowers with dimension for a perfect focal point. You can find the list of materials and an assembly video below on how to create the card, as well as, assemble the tulips.
Project Materials & Dimensions:
- Flowering Tulips Bundle (#157678)
- Flowering Fields Designer Series Paper (#157684): 5-1/4″ x 4″ for layer and 2″ x 3-1/2″ for cutting tulips using Tulip Dies
- Poppy Parade Cardstock (#119793): 4-1/4″ x 11″, score and fold at 5-1/2″
- Pool Party Cardstock (#122924): layering piece 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Basic White Cardstock: (#159276) 3″ x 4-1/4″ for die cut layer, 4″ x 5-1/4″ for card interior
- Pear Pizzazz: (# 131201) 3″ x 3-1/2″ (die cut 2 small and l large leave plus 2 thin stems)
- Classic Stampin’ Pads: Poppy Parade (#147050) & Pear Pizzazz (#147104)
- Pool Party Sheer Ribbon (#152462)
- Stitched So Sweetly Dies (#151690)
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue (#110755)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430)
- Mini Glue Dots (#103683)
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Die Cutting Machine (#149653) or Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Die Machine (#150673 – a 20% savings during March, 2022)
- Bone Folder (#102300)
Be sure to register to receive my posts…I have more cards from the All About Tulips class to share!
The Savings in Bloom Promotion offers 20% savings on the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and select compatible bundles. Click here to see items in the promotion.
The Waves of the Ocean promotion is ongoing until May 2, 2022.
This coastal collection includes an inspiring set of stamps and detailed dies, both early-release products from the upcoming 2022–2023 Annual Catalog. Plus, a pack of paper made from images of hand-poured paint, blue-hued foil sheets for a sea of shine, and radiant rhinestones for a splash of sparkle—each an exclusive product you can only purchase during the promotion period!
Explore artistic expression with the Waves of the Ocean Collection.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Just a reminder: for orders over $150 you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy crafting!
The current host code is: YGBNKCVM (good until April 5, 2022). Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Yes, it’s another peach themed card! I warned you in an earlier post that I was having fun creating projects using the Sweet As A Peach bundle and the coordinating You’re A Peach Designer Series Paper. The designer series paper makes it easy to create a variety of cards differing in color and design yet keeping with the peach theme. The vibrant colors and peach images on today’s card are perfect for birthday wishes. Participants in last month’s class, received the materials for creating this card in their kits. Keep reading for additional card details below the card photos.
- For the card base, use the largest card size in the Assorted Memories & More Card Pack.
- Cut 3 panels of Pear Pizzazz cardstock 3-7/8″ x 1-7/8″.
- Next, cut the You’re A Peach Designer Series Paper creating 3 panels 3-3/4″ x 1-3/4″. Attach the designer series paper panels to the Pear Pizzazz cardstock panels with adhesive.
- To add the panels, space evenly on the card base front and adhere using a strong adhesive such as Stampin’ Seal+ or Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.
- Stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Sweet As A Peach Stamp Set onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin’ Pad. Cut the label shape using the Tasteful Labels Dies. Add to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Embellish with a Bumblebee Embellishment and a small bow tied using the Bumblebee Gingham Ribbon. Attach the embellishments using glue dots.
And don’t forget the card interior…
For the greeting, stamp using Calypso Coral Classic Ink Pad (or use Pear Pizzazz Classic Ink Pad). For the peach, ink the stamp with Pale Papaya Classic Ink and then lightly sponge Calypso Coral ink along one side to create color variation before stamping onto the card. Finish by stamping the stem/leaves using the Pear Pizzazz ink.
There are still peach theme cards for me to share but I’ll take a break and share other creations with you in my next post! But, I hope you’re inspired to add the Sweet As A Peach Bundle and the You’re A Peach Designer Series Paper to your wish list.
JUST A FEW REMINDERS…
Click here to check out the Last Chance Products.
Time is running out on the Connect, Craft & Collect Promotion. For orders of $250 or more, you’ll receive an additional $25 in rewards. But hurry, the promotion ends on June 14, 2021.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Plus for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
The current host code is: BRA2WKZ2. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Since March is full of birthdays for many family members, it has kept me busy creating birthday cards. One of my sister’s is the lucky recipient of the Fine Art Floral birthday card. If you’ve not seen the products in the Fine Arts Floral Collection, you must check it out. The Fine Arts Floral Designer Series Paper is gorgeous! There are a variety of patterns to select from but I especially was drawn to the pattern on the card below. It’s beautiful on it’s own but I knew on a Navy cardstock base highlighted with the Gilded Leafing, it would be even more gorgeous. This was my first use of the Gilded Leafing and I love how it creates an elegant card, especially when combined with the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper.
Fine Art Floral Birthday Card:
- Card base: Night of Navy cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″.
- Very Vanilla cardstock: 5-1/4″ x 4″ plus a scrap piece for the sentiment pieces.
- Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper: 3 strips at 1-1/4″ x 3-1/2″
- For the first step, apply Gilded Leafing along the edge of the Very Vanilla (5-1/4″ x 4″). To ensure there is enough gilding, make sure it creates at least a 1/4″ border around all side edges of the card. TIP: Use Tear & Tape since it’s the width needed.
- After gilding along the outer edges of the Very Vanilla cardstock, add the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper panels spacing evenly.
- Next, add the Gilded Leafing to cover the Very Vanilla cardstock between the panels. Again, use Tear & Tape and then apply the gilded leafing. To attach layer to the Night of Navy card base, use Stampin’ Seal+.
- For the sentiment, stamp using Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. Use Layering Circles Die to cut circle to fit within the Gold Hoop Embellishment. Attach to the gold hoop and add to the card front using Stampin’ Seal+. Embellish around the sentiment with Gold Glitter Enamel Dots.
- For the flower embellishment, use the small flower stamps from the Art Gallery Photopolymer Stamp Set. Stamp the flower body using Petal Pink and the inner petals with Merry Merlot. Cut using the coordinating Floral Gallery Dies. Stamp the leaves using Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad onto a scrap of Old Olive cardstock. Trim as needed to fit behind flower when attaching to the sentiment piece. Attach flower and leaves using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- With Dark Night of Navy Stampin’ Blends, color a piece of Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon. Then, tie into a bow (if desired, add strips of Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim and Petal Pink Ribbon when forming tail of bow). Add the bow to the base of the flower on the card using glue dots.
Be sure to check out the products in the Fine Art Floral Suite Collection and order your favorite items. But definitely, add the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper and the Gilded Leafing to a “must have” order list.
JUST A FEW REMINDERS…
MARCH PAPER PUMPKIN
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 8 cards—4 each of 2 designs—and coordinating envelopes. The kit’s contents include printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, embellishments, adhesive, and more!
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Bumblebee, Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pretty Peacock, Seaside Spray
- Includes four free stencils and a stamping sponge!
- Arrives in a cute and collectible box.
Subscribe here to receive the March kit. Remember, the last day to order is March 10 so don’t delay, supplies may be limited near the end of the promotion.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (2020-2021 Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Plus for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
The host code for March is: AS74UVX2. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Today, I am sharing a modified birthday shaker card featuring the Sweet Ice Cream Stamp Set and the Ice Cream Corner Designer Series Paper. Really, it’s a “faux” shaker card but best of all, it’s easier and quicker to make than a traditional shaker card. Tips for creating it are below. Since my grandson has an upcoming birthday and loves ice cream, I knew the Ice Cream Corner Suite would be perfect to use for creating his birthday card. And for additional fun, a shaker card is always a perfect go-to design.
Tips for a Modified Birthday Shaker Card:
- To create the shaker portion, cut designer series paper to desired layer size. For the feature card, the Ice Cream Corner Designer Series Paper is cut 3-3/4″ x 5″. Insert the designer series paper into a clear medium envelope. Add your shaker elements such as the Ice Cream Corner Sprinkles. Seal the envelope flap, then fold the excess envelope sides to the back and tape down to hold in place. Use Tear & Tape to attach to your base.
- For an extra touch, the Happy Birthday sentiment is stamped first with Cinnamon Cider then stamped again with Versamark. Top with clear emboss powder and heat set. NOTE: Stamparatus is used to ensure stamping accuracy. Use paper snips to trim around the lettering.
- A full list of the products for this card are listed below under Project Materials.
Hopefully, you won’t be bored with the slew of birthday cards that I will be sharing for the next month. In our family, there are lots of March birthdays so it’s the current design focus.
The modified birthday card was lots of fun to make. Add a comment if you have questions on recreating the card or would like me to make a demonstration video!
Sale-A-Bration ends in 10 days so you’ll want to take advantage of the FREE products available. Sale-A-Bration is one of our biggest promotions of the year. During Sale-A-Bration you can earn FREE products with qualifying purchases. The FREE products are in the Sale-A-Bration Brochure. Click here to Shop With Me and view the online Sale-A-Bration brochure under the Sales and Specials tab.
An additional bonus – if you JOIN and become a demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive a free stack of our Regals, Subtles, Neutrals, Brights, and 2020—2022 In Color Designer Series Paper along with your Starter Kit! There couldn’t be a better time to join the Stampin’ Up! family and becoming a member of my Playtime with Paper group.
Sale-A-Bration ends on February 28, 2021.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (2020-2021 Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. And for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
The host code for February is: WJG4ZYAK. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Finally, I took the time to play with the Best Plaid Builder Dies and glad I did! The plaid creates a beautiful card. And even better, the plaid is perfect for creating masculine cards. And where did I get my inspiration? My husband’s closet! He has a red, white and khaki plaid shirt so I decided to use the colors on a card. Real Red, Basic Black and Crumb Cake on a Whisper White background match the shirt perfectly! The sentiment for the card is from the Best Year Stamp Set. Both the stamp set and the Best Plaid Builder Dies can be purchased together in the Best Year Bundle.
- Card Base: Crumb Cake cardstock (5-1/2″ x 11″, score at 4-1/4″ and fold).
- Basic Back Layer: 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (for plaid base); 3″ x 1-1/2″ (for sentiment)
- Real Red: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (for plaid); 3-3/4″ x 2-1/4″ (layer for sentiment)
- Crumb Cake: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (for plaid)
- Basic Black: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (for plaid)
- Adhesive Sheets: cut 3 at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Best You Bundle (Best Year Stamp Set & Best Plaid Builder Dies)
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Tasteful Labels Dies
- Paper Trimmer
- Stampin’ Seal+
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Basic Rhinestone Jewels
For the Plaid Design:
- For the first step, add the Adhesive Sheets to the Real Red, Crumb Cake and Basic Black Pieces for the plaid design.
- Using the Best Plaid Builder Dies, cut the Crumb Cake with the plaid base die. (TIP: be sure the adhesive sheet is face down on your die cutting machine and the die is directly on the cardstock)
- With the open plaid die, cut the Real Red and Basic Black pieces. TIP: Save the squares to use on another project.
- To start building the plaid, remove the backing from the adhesive sheet from the Real Red open plaid design and attach to the Whisper White base. Next, layer the Crumb Cake plaid base over the Real Red open plaid layer and then follow with the Basic Black open plaid layer. NOTE: you’ll want to offset slightly to get your design. It will overhang and will be cut to the appropriate size for the card. Also, press the layers firmly to ensure the pieces adhere to one another.
- After you have your plaid design, use your Paper Trimmer to cut the plaid to 3-3/4″ x 5″.
- Using Stampin’ Seal+, attach the plaid design to the Basic Black layer.
- Next, add the Basic Black/Plaid Layer to the Crumb Cake card base using the Stampin’ Seal.
- With the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad, stamp the sentiment from the Best Year Stamp Set onto the small piece of Whisper White cardstock. For the label shape, use the Tasteful Labels Dies. Also, with the dies cut the Real Red cardstock to use for layering the sentiment label. After completing the label, add to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For the final touch, embellish with Basic Rhinestone Jewels. (The Basic Black Rhinestone Jewels on my card are retired but you can easily use your Basic Black Stampin’ Blends to color the Basic Rhinestone Jewels.)
After you make your first plaid card, you’ll want to make more of them! Be sure to comment below and let me know where you get your design inspirations!
I had fun making the card and have several others in the works. And don’t forget to check back later this week, I’ll be sharing a card using the leftover pieces from the open plaid die.
The July 3D Tutorial Bundle is available!
Would you like the July 3D Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the July 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and July 31, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE. Note: be sure to register and allow me to contact you so I receive notice of your order and can send the tutorial.
2. Purchase the July 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE!
Also, Stampin’ Up! is making it even better to order this month…check out the Bonus Days info below.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting…